Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

vladi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Do notifications only group solely by App or by Contact as well?

It would be pretty stupid for all WA message notifications to be grouped under App criteria instead of Contact criteria

Fobin

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2014
This could be bad. Mine is a long pause and then it opens. I restarted the phone and still the same thing. This makes the phone very unusable. :(

Did hard reset. It might have brought launch time down a bit but overall really annoying. DON'T INSTALL THIS ON YOUR IPHONE X.

mangerda

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
Yea it's like its taking the iphone 5 minutes to FULLY start up from the get go then everything works fine. This is on an iPhone X

Last edited:

jclo

Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
California
To MacRumors: Please stop publishing the same article (the same video and screenshots) with every Beta release. It's enough to put a link to the article and to just report on what's new in this Beta release.

I know *most* of you read the posts every week and have seen this stuff, but it's new to some, which is why it's included each time. Sorry, I know it gets repetitive with later betas, but I don't want to leave info out for people who aren't regular readers. We also generally like to have something ready to go so we can let you guys know about betas right away, which is why we update just after with notes rather than waiting to include them first. Hope that explanation helps.

Henk Poley

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
I wonder if this also means that the compatibility problems and crashes when connecting to iOS 11 devices has been resolved.

SIOSER

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2015
Be patient with this beta at first. After updating, just let it sit for a few minutes, open a couple apps and give it time. After 5-10 minutes the issue will go away.

Same thing with my iPhone 7 plus. Phone was practically unusable for first 10 min. It seems OK NOW.

Reactions: Cybertruck20

atoqir

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2018
I know *most* of you read the posts every week and have seen this stuff, but it's new to some, which is why it's included each time. Sorry, I know it gets repetitive with later betas, but I don't want to leave info out for people who aren't regular readers. We also generally like to have something ready to go so we can let you guys know about betas right away, which is why we update just after with notes rather than waiting to include them first. Hope that explanation helps.

What a about:

For more general info about iOS12 and its new features click here

Whats new in this update: ...

Know issues: ...

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
This could be bad. Mine is a long pause and then it opens. I restarted the phone and still the same thing. This makes the phone very unusable. :(

I'm seeing apps take 10 seconds or more to launch on my X. Restarted and still seeing the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.