Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwsolberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2003
Yes. Just like “Kleenex”, bricked has become a generic term. Words and meanings morph over time. Some need to lighten up.

Maybe, but it sure does make troubleshooting difficult when different people have different meanings for the same word. This is different from Kleenex, which is a brand name for a specific product that was applied to all product that are the same thing. A parallel would be if Kleenex were applied to any disposable paper cloth such as paper towels, wet wipes, toilet paper, eyeglasses wipes, etc. That would also make communication more difficult.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I jumped on beta 6 last week and then beta 7. I think it's well enough into the beta cycle that big things, like crashing the phone/ipad have been taken care of...seems solid and smooth.

That's good to hear. I think I'll try it on the iPad. I may wait on the phone, it's too much of a utility....

Reactions: I7guy

TRSmudge

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
anyone on iOS 13 developer beta 6 or 7 receive an invite for apple card?

Not sure you need an invite, go to your wallet and hit the + like your want to add a card, then continue. I am not on the Dev betas, just public, and there it was asking if I wanted to signup.

instant approval, card added to my wallet, and the physical card will be here Monday, 1 week after I signed up.

Reactions: I7guy

vOne1

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2018
I saw and heard that the 2x times speed increase can be tested with 3rd party apps by reinstall them.

Take a look here what I mean

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Jomppa

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
Any potentional problems if i slap in pb on my xs max and keep my AW s4 on 5.3 until 6 is released?

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
Which device are you using?
8 Plus
[doublepost=1566157658][/doublepost]
I jumped on beta 6 last week and then beta 7. I think it's well enough into the beta cycle that big things, like crashing the phone/ipad have been taken care of...seems solid and smooth.
Indeed!
[doublepost=1566157722][/doublepost]
Any potentional problems if i slap in pb on my xs max and keep my AW s4 on 5.3 until 6 is released?
No AW here, cannot be of help.

imnotthewalrus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2015
earth
Still frustrating that double tap to zoom text in Safari has not been addressed in iPad iOS since first PB. Submitted feedback.

Skyanna

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2019
I’m running iPadOS13 beta 5 public beta, why am I not seeing beta 6 public beta available ota??

Skyanna

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2019
Correct me if I’m wrong but iPadOS 13 beta 6 build was 17A5556d?
Why does mine say 17a5565b? And why won’t mine update already?? Or am I totally missing something?

Last edited:

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I have seen and experienced the reason why people call Dr Amber a God on Earth. I never believed that men like him existed. I contacted Dr Amber for help on how to win a lottery mega millions after reading different testimonies on the internet on how he gives lottery winning numbers to people to play and they won. He responded and said that he will cast a spell to get my winning numbers for the lottery. I provided his requirements as he instructed. After casting the spell he gave me some numbers and a lottery website where I was destined to win. I played the lottery as he instructed and after 4 days I heard that there was a winner and I had to check for mine and I discovered I was the winner of Two Million Dollars. This man has made my life beautiful with his lottery winning number. I have made a vow to myself that I will testify of his miraculous work. Call or text +13183065044 or email, amberlottotemple@yahoo.com if you need his help.
Wow what an amazing story. Congratulations!

And it’s your first comment on MR so ofcourse we are all onboard😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.