Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the seventh betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS to developers for testing purposes, a week after releasing the sixth betas and two months after unveiling the new operating system at the Worldwide Developers Conference.

Registered developers will need to download the profile for the iOS 13 and iPadOS betas from Apple's Developer Center. This beta, like earlier betas, can be downloaded over-the-air once the proper profile has been installed.

test-iOS-13-800x465.jpg

Apple split iOS 13 and iPadOS into separate updates in 2019, one designed for iPhone and one designed for iPad. iPadOS is identical to iOS 13 in almost every way, though there are some iPad-specific features such as new multitasking capabilities. For the most part, the two operating systems share the same features.

iOS 13 is a huge update with a long list of new features. Perhaps the most noticeable outward-facing change is a systemwide Dark Mode that changes the entire look of the operating system from light to dark, darkening everything from system elements to apps.

dark-mode-ios-13-collage-800x369.jpg

Apple overhauled the Photos app, introducing a new Photos tab that curates your entire Photos library and shows you a selection of highlights organized by day, month, or year, and there are revamped Photo editing tools.

ios13photos-800x646.jpg

For the first time, you can edit video right in the Photos app, cropping, rotating, applying filters, and adjusting lighting and color. There's a new High-Key Mono lighting effect, and for Portrait Lighting in general, intensity can be adjusted.

There's a less obtrusive volume HUD, a new Find My app that combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends and lets you track your devices even with they don't have an LTE or WiFi connection.

findmyapp-800x511.jpg

A Sign In with Apple feature (not yet active) gives you a convenient and data safe way to sign into apps and websites, providing an alternative to Facebook and Google sign in options. Apple's even able to generate single-use randomized email addresses so you don't have to give your real info to apps and websites.

signinwithapple-800x473.jpg

Maps features a new street-level "Look Around" mode and a Collections feature for making lists of places, Reminders has been entirely overhauled to make it more functional, there's a profile option in Messages along with new Memoji and Animoji stickers, and Siri has a new voice.

applemapsstreetview-800x415.jpg

CarPlay in iOS 13 has been overhauled with a new look, multiple sets of AirPods (or Powerbeats Pro) can be connected to the same phone so you can share music with a friend, Siri on HomePod can detect multiple voices for multi-user support, and HomePod also supports Handoff.

updatedcarplaydashboard-800x453.jpg

There are a ton of additional new features and changes coming in iOS 13, and for a full rundown of what you can expect, you should check out our iOS 13 roundup.

Each new beta brings new features and changes to iOS 13, and the sixth beta added a Dark Mode toggle to Control Center, changes to folder transparency, updates to some privacy warnings, new splash screens, and more.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Seventh Betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Reactions: abi12a

MrZippyUK

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2016
Let’s hope they’ve squashed some of the bugs as it’s getting less stable. In the last beta I’ve had several springboard crashes and numerous times the keyboard doesn’t come up in messages.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Well unfortunately this was the one that broke the back, my XS bricked after trying to update.

Mike Haas

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2014
The beta release schedule has been crazy lately

I wish it were just as crazy for Catalina. It was two weeks yesterday since Dev Beta 5 was released while as you pointed out, iOS 13 has been about once a week for the past 3 updates I believe.

Reactions: gemoritzt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.