Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of iOS 11.3 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 16, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the sixth beta of an upcoming iOS 11.3 update to developers for testing purposes, four days after seeding the fifth beta and almost a month after the release of iOS 11.2.6, an update that addressed a bug causing iPhones and iPads to crash when a character from the Indian language Telugu was rendered improperly.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 11.3 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

iOS 11.3 is a major update that introduces a long list of new features, like Messages in iCloud for saving space and syncing messages across devices, and ARKit 1.5, a new version of ARKit able to more accurately map irregularly shaped surfaces, recognize images, and place objects on vertical surfaces like walls.

There are four new Animoji on the iPhone X (dragon, bear, skull, and lion), and in the Health app, there's a new Health Records feature that aggregates all of your medical records in one easy-to-access place.

[​IMG]

As of iOS 11.3 beta 2, the update includes a new "Battery Health" feature that's designed to provide iOS users with more information about their batteries.

Battery Health offers details on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability, and for devices with degraded batteries, it provides information on if and when a device is being throttled with performance management features. It also provides a way for customers who do have a device with a degraded battery to turn off performance management all together.

[​IMG]

By default, iOS 11.3 disables performance management on the iPhone, and the feature is only re-enabled once a device experiences an unexpected shutdown.

Early betas of iOS 11.3 and tvOS 11.3 included support for AirPlay 2 features, allowing audio to be played to multiple Apple TVs, but these features were removed in iOS 11.3 and tvOS 11.3 beta 3.

Other features in iOS 11.3 include a "For You" section in Apple News that displays the top videos of the day, support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) for more accurate location when placing an emergency call in a supported country, more information about app size in the Updates tap in the App Store, software authentication for HomeKit, and a new Privacy screen and icon that will show up whenever Apple asks you for info.

The privacy screen is reflected in several new splash screens that pop up when you first open apps. The App Store also now lets you sort reviews by most helpful, most favorable, most critical, and most recent, a handy change for better finding the app info you're looking for.

[​IMG]

Business Chat, which will let you interface with businesses like Wells Fargo, Delta, Hilton and Lowe's right in the Messages app is coming when iOS 11.3 is released, and improvements to Apple Music will bring better support for music videos.

iOS 11.3 will be released to the public in the spring. Spring kicks off on March 20, so the public release of the update could be coming soon.

Update: iOS 11.3 beta 6 is also now available for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of iOS 11.3 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. stukdog macrumors 6502

Install a beta before heading out on a Friday? Here's to the crazy ones indeed...

Downloading...

3. Heineken macrumors 6502

Heineken

4. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

5. itsmilo macrumors 68000

itsmilo

I just downloaded it at the airport until I realized it has my boarding pass on it lol good thing I didn’t hit install yet

6. nekonokami macrumors member

nekonokami

THANK GOD!

My 6s+ was struggling. Loosing battery like in the olden days. Went from 78 % to 3% inside four hours while not really using it. Behaves like a 4s on some tasks. And cell speed was atrocious. Some apps even displayed "no internet connection" warnings.

Lets hope that fixes that.

7. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

I assume we will see Public Release on the 27th?

8. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

Nope

9. ruchern macrumors regular

10. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I don't suppose there are any updates to the HomePod App in this update, got to improve the sound quality and lower the bass somehow.

11. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

Nope

12. joesixgig macrumors regular

joesixgig

13. base242 macrumors member

Can we have the facility where your watch/phone alerts you when they go out of range of one or the other to avoid forgetting them.
    I had this on my first and second generation Pebble Watch.

14. Blue Hawk macrumors newbie

In Beta 2 I was able see the new battery page in the settings. In Beta 3 it was empty. In beta 4 it was back but without any informations. In beta 5 empty again. How does it work for you? Sorry for my bad English.

And my iPhone is still very slow when I have 5% of battery life left. And it gets slower. My processor only works with 100 MHz.

15. viperGTS macrumors 68000

"iOS 11.3 Beta 6 is the best version of iOS that we have ever done, and we think you’re going to love it."

:D

16. kchamp macrumors newbie

kchamp

17. nekonokami macrumors member

nekonokami

Update ;)

My 6s+ is back to its old self. What a relief.

Maybe something memory / task scheduling related went kaputt in the last beta.

18. Jlcollins macrumors member

Jlcollins

All I want is for them to remove the stupid ass confirm deletion message when deleting a text or iMessage thread. What moron over there thought this was a good idea?!

19. ghostface147 macrumors 68020

ghostface147

Interesting. The app icon disappearing when getting an update is weird. Only happens on apps not in folders on the main home screen, not on other pages. Locking the home screen and unlocking makes the app show back up. Just odd.

20. joesixgig macrumors regular

joesixgig

As much as I love tinkering with gadgets, I've actually never tried the iOS beta program. I might give it a shot because waiting five minutes at the start of each drive for GPS to become accurate is kind of impractical.

21. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

BUG: Apple Music — not able to stream non-downloaded music.

22. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Working just fine for me. Tried force closing, and a device reboot?

23. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

24. iOS Geek macrumors newbie

Since this is the 2nd beta in the same week, I'd say we're getting very close. Week after next maybe? I'm anticipating another beta and then the GM next week. (Or GM the following week at the latest)

25. I7guy macrumors G5

Dont understand. There should not be a “confirm delete” message? If that is what is being said, isn’t that dangerous?