Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D-Dave

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
Audiobooks have been moved into iBooks.
Chapters are there but chapter titles are not (i.e. all Chapters just say Track 1, Track 2, etc.)

Thanks for your reply...and good news even though I can not think of any reason why apple seems to be eager to screw up the fun in Audiobooks (which was awesome in the past...pre disfunctional chapters) after all, the single,file with chapter infos (and even separate chapter pics) was one reason that brought the private me to the mac...ah well, maybe next update...

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Yup, that basically instructs you to go to the general Apple public beta program site (which was expanded from OS X to include iOS as well, as I mentioned in my earlier reply) and then talks about seeing an option to enroll your iOS device to receive beta updates--but that's the thing, many people don't see that, they just get signed up for the general Apple public beta program, and get the OS X beta offered, but don't get any options or offers for iOS (while others do).

It by invitation only. So those who received the invite for iOS beta have an option for iOS beta profile in that same area you are referring to. Once you install the profile it will offer any public betas as long as you have the profile installed.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It by invitation only. So those who received the invite for iOS beta have an option for iOS beta profile in that same area you are referring to. Once you install the profile it will offer any public betas as long as you have the profile installed.
Right. There wasn't really a separate sign up for it as another user implied. Too bad it seems that they only selected a small group out of all that signed up for the beta program in general.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Right. There wasn't really a separate sign up for it as another user implied. Too bad it seems that they only selected a small group out of all that signed up for the beta program in general.

It might have been a limited-time signup or maybe the signup option only appeared for previously registered OS X testers (which I was) but it was not by invitation only. If it were then there wouldn't have been stories with instructions for joining.
The public beta program was announced and the instructions for joining were exactly as the linked news stories say. That's how and when I joined.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It might have been a limited-time signup or maybe the signup option only appeared for previously registered OS X testers (which I was) but it was not by invitation only. If it were then there wouldn't have been stories with instructions for joining.
The public beta program was announced and the instructions for joining were exactly as the linked news stories say. That's how and when I joined.
Well, not sure, but it was only one general program, first it was just for OS X and then it was expanded to include iOS without a separate sign up for it--those that joined when it was opened for OS X were already part of it and only either got access to iOS as well or didn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.