Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds Third iOS 9.1 Beta to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of iOS 9.1 to registered developers for testing purposes, three weeks after seeding the first iOS 9.1 beta following its fall "Hey Siri" event and one week after releasing iOS 9.0.1, the first minor update to iOS 9. Apple has also just released iOS 9.0.2, another minor update to iOS.

The new beta of iOS 9.1, build 13B5130b, is available as an over-the-air update and through the Apple Developer Center.

iOS 9.1 includes new features for the iPad Pro, adding support for accessories like the Smart Keyboard and the Apple Pencil, both of which are deeply integrated into the operating system. It also includes features that will allow the iPhone to interact with the new Apple TV.

iOS 9.1 also includes Unicode 8, adding support for emoji like the taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, unicorn head, and more, plus a new Messages option in the Settings app, allowing users to disable photos for their contacts.

It is not clear when iOS 9.1 will be released to the public, but it's likely it will come in late October, coinciding with the launch of the new Apple TV.

Update: Apple has also released a third iOS 9.1 beta for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third iOS 9.1 Beta to Developers

camilaacolide

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2014
also available on the public beta
Not on mine. Didn't you delete your Public Profile to get the Developer version, like many people did when Beta 2 was launched?

Ok, I have to vent:
Beta 1 had a fantastic feature very few people use.

When you long press a keyboard key, it presents you with international accented options. Originally, this list also included the unaccented key, and you *always* had to slide your finger in order to reach the desired accentuation. In Beta 1, they simply removed the unaccented key from this list, and 99% times the accented letter you wanted was right there, under your finger already! So good.

But in Beta 2 they reverted the behaviour. I never realized how annoying it is to keep sliding my finger to the desired letter. Beta 1 spoiled me... =( ... so little hope of it being implemented again on Beta 3, or ever.

Comment

$tevejob$

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
Earth
Not on mine.

I have to vent:

When you long press a keyboard key, it presents you with international accented options. Originally, this list also included the unaccented key, and you *always* had to slide your finger in order to reach the desired accentuation. In Beta 1, they simply removed the unaccented key from this list, and 99% times the accented letter you wanted was right there, under your finger already! So good.

But in Beta 2 they reverted the behaviour. I never realized how annoying it is to keep sliding my finger to the desired letter. Beta 1 spoiled me... =(
Not on mine. Didn't you delete your Public Profile to get the Developer version, like many people when Beta 2 was launched for developers only?

Ok, I have to vent:

But in Beta 2 they reverted the behaviour. I never realized how annoying it is to keep sliding my finger to the desired letter. Beta 1 spoiled me... =( ... so little hope of it being on Beta 3, or ever again.

downloading on my iphone 6s and air 2

Comment

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Still doesn't fix Settings scroll down.

Sorry wrong thread. I meant 9.0.1

Last edited:
Comment

WiseAJ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
Have Public Beta profile on my 6S Plus, I see the update to Beta 3 as well. I will have to wait until I get home to download and install it though. No wifi at work :/

Comment

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I redownloaded my beta profile after getting beta 2 and I'm still not seeing Public Beta 3 on either my iPhone or iPad.

Comment

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
I thought everyone knew to delete the public profile after the first one? That way you'll get the subsequent Dev builds.

Comment

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I thought everyone knew to delete the public profile after the first one? That way you'll get the subsequent Dev builds.

I didn't have to do anything of that nature. Since registering for the PB with 9.0 I've gotten every update and even got the 9.1B1 update while still running 9.0 with nothing on my behalf.

Comment

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
So, I deleted the beta profile (currently I am with bt2) and the developer beta 3 appeared. (By my phone is developer registered).

Comment

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Hope this fixes my mail not pushing to my phone (iCloud account)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.