Apple Seeds Third iOS 9.3 Beta to Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 10, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today released the third beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3 update to public beta testers, just a couple of days after seeding the third iOS 9.3 beta to developers. iOS 9.3's third public beta comes three weeks after Apple released iOS 9.2.1, a minor update, to the public.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the third iOS 9.3 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas. For an in-depth walkthrough on downloading the iOS 9.3 beta, make sure to check out our how to.

iOS 9.3 is a major update to the iOS 9 operating system, introducing a long list of new features and improvements. iOS 9.3's biggest new feature is Night Shift mode, which is designed to automatically cut down on the amount of blue light an iOS user is exposed to at night by shifting to more yellow tones for the iPhone or iPad's display. With iOS 9.3, there's a number of changes for educational users, and the iPhone is now able to pair with multiple Apple Watches.

The update also includes new 3D Touch Quick Actions for stock apps like Weather, Settings, Compass, Health, App Store, and iTunes Store, plus it introduces password protection for individual notes in the Notes app. News in iOS 9.3 includes in-line video playback, landscape mode on the iPhone, and more personalization, while the Health app introduces a new Apple Watch-style "Activity" interface. iOS 9.3 beta 3 adds support for Verizon Wi-Fi Calling and introduces a fix for a T-Mobile bug that prevented apps from loading over a cellular connection.

A full list of changes in iOS 9.3 can be found in our "What's New" post. iOS 9.3 will launch to the public this spring.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third iOS 9.3 Beta to Public Beta Testers

2. Simacca macrumors 65816

Simacca

3. michelg1970 macrumors regular

michelg1970

OS X 10.11.4 Beta 3 Public has also been released!

4. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

And the biggest, most convenient change to me: being able to add songs to a playlist from Apple Music without the need to add it to your iCloud library. No more cluttering my iTunes library with a billion singles.

5. ckisgen macrumors member

6. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

7. marecej macrumors newbie

8. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

Enjoy the buggy beta 3 release if it's anything like the developer build I'm running. Nothing that's a showstopper, just not what a third beta should be. I do know what I signed up for using it on my DD.

9. lineto macrumors member

Any word if this public beta fixes the clock showing on the homescreen issue from the developer 9.3 b3 build?

10. lineto macrumors member

Any word if this PB fixes the clock showing issue from the dev build?

11. Jukens macrumors regular

Same build, so no.

12. epphllps macrumors 6502

Not out for me yet. Hopefully soon. Definitely want to try out the Verizon wifi calling!

13. slpro macrumors member

slpro

13E5200d

14. Hamsterhjulet macrumors member

Same as the developer beta:)

15. bgraham macrumors regular

Hopefully this build is more stable... crashes were everywhere on beta 2

16. lineto macrumors member

Ah. Thanks!

17. TC03 macrumors 65816

I think bit by bit we are achieving 8.4.1 performance levels. 9.3 beta 3 feels very pleasant. Comparing it directly to 9.0 will make you cry. Let's enjoy this untill iOS 10 will break it all again. :)

18. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I guess they dont release them together so their servers dont get slammed.

19. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Give it a rest.

20. Simacca macrumors 65816

Simacca

21. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

its like a vicious cycle. I think apple needs to release the major update atleast a year and a half as apposed to the yearly update.

22. marecej macrumors newbie

its not about giving it a rest, I have an iPhone with broken touch id and want to know if I can use this beta, since beta 2 was ok

23. Hamsterhjulet macrumors member

I think it's to avoid a possible catastrophe. Imagine a critical bug in the beta and it was released to the public, people would panic and spam apple with support mails about how the latest beta destroyed their devices. The developers often know more about troubleshooting than the average public tester, so therefore they should test it to be sure that nothing is completely off.