Apple Seeds Third OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 7, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming OS X El Capitan update to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, just over one one week after releasing the second OS X 10.11.1 beta and a week after the public release of OS X El Capitan on September 30.

The new beta, build 15B30a, is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Apple Developer Center.

[​IMG]

The first beta of OS X 10.11.1 introduced support for a range of new emoji included in Unicode 8, like cheese wedge, taco, burrito, popcorn, middle finger, unicorn head, and more. Other betas appear to include under-the-hood fixes that are not immediately apparent.

It is not clear what the first update to OS X El Capitan will bring to the new OS aside from updated emoji, but it's likely to be a minor update that includes bug fixes and performance improvements for issues encountered following the operating system's official release. According to Apple's release notes, the beta offers stability, compatibility, and security improvements.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers

2. kryten42 macrumors 6502

kryten42

Will put this on my iMac first I think as away from home and want an up to date TM backup first before doing on my rMBP :)

3. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

I thought El Capitan had some bugs. Then I reset PRAM and SMC. Problem solved.

4. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

676 MB again via Mac App Store for L2011 MacBook Pro 15.

5. Rafagon macrumors regular

Rafagon

Worth it for that middle finger icon alone.

6. 2457282 Suspended

That is one big middle finger. :D

7. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Are we going to have taco and fu emoji's mentioned on every new beta from now on? If it's a joke, the joke is played out. In any case, hoping for some Audio Unit bugs attention soon....

8. joshwenke macrumors regular

joshwenke

Juli... PLEASE stop writing this in EVERY article.

9. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

They are getting almost as worn as "Safari is snappier"

10. auero macrumors 65816

I hope this fixes adding Google app accounts to Internet and services. One of my school accounts can't be added. It just displays the loading animation after adding the email account.

11. Xaositek macrumors member

Installed in about 12 minutes on my L2012 rMBP - no surprises so far!

12. Bob1985 macrumors member

Bob1985

Outlook 2011 is still broken, but not quite as much. It beach-balls part way through sync'ing new inbox messages. Before, it would hang earlier.

BTW, I think Apple is just as guilty as Microsoft for this issue. Apple should have made sure it didn't break in the first place.

13. ToM7 macrumors 6502

ToM7

there's any chance that finally we'll go to 10.11.6/7/8 after many years with 10.x.5?

14. Zax macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with El Capitan: I pinned the Facebook site in Safari. And now Facebook links (those that open a new tab) take a long time to open the new tab. It’s behaving like if Safari is loading the whole linked page in the memory before actually opening it in the new tab. And if I unpin Facebook, it opens new tabs instantly.

15. jameskachan macrumors member

jameskachan

Has anyone else with heavy data and drive usage noticed problems? I have two Voyager USB 3 hard drive docks that hang finder/ The Mac when trying to mount drives in El Cap. Also problems with a USB (Audio) DAC. Im going to install this latest beta and reset SMC and NVRAM and see if that fixes things this round.

16. kissmo macrumors 6502a

My iMac mid 2011 27 inch got a firmware update during installation.

17. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I just had like 5 apps fail I think due to SIP (System Integrity Protection) issues. Anyone else get this?

18. George Zip macrumors member

George Zip

Problems I have encountered:

• cannot send from anything but my @me.com address in Mail (might be machine-specific; others reporting same problem have been MacBook Pro Retina users, and all have been 2013 models)
    • printer, which worked fine for a few days, has stopped working properly (Lexmark CS510de); when setting back up, drivers no longer recognize added items on printer (envelope trays are misidentified, etc.); Lexmark website no help (still goes on about how it support Apple's "latest OS Xe [sic], Mac OS 10.10!"
    • memory leak in Safari (circumstantial; if I leave Safari open with nothing but the pinned tabs, I'll eventually run out of available memory; quitting & relaunching Safari brings memory back up to almost all available)

Still and all, my major usage apps -- InDesign and Filemaker Pro, primarily -- both work.

Despite my advice to everyone I talk to -- wait until a 10.x.1 or 10.x.2 release before installing -- I fell for all the hype I read at Macworld and other sites that everything worked perfectly and I shouldn't worry. Won't make that mistake again.

19. dtich macrumors regular

.... um. beta.

it's what it's for.

can't stand the heat.. you know where to go.

20. macintologist macrumors 6502

You wouldn't have said that if the writer was a man.

21. stefanwa macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro Mid 2010 too.

22. MikhailT macrumors 601

Considering all the problems that Office 2016 has on El Capitan, it is actually entirely on Microsoft. Apple is not entitled to make every app work on future OS X updates and there were many months for Microsoft to test their apps against El Cap betas. Many beta testers have reported these issues to Microsoft.

All of my apps worked just fine on El Cap, therefore it is not a problem that affects all apps. Microsoft apps are known to use very old APIs that have been marked by Apple not to use again.

What apps? Did Console.app say that SIP blocked these apps from installing? SIP is not an issue, it's a security feature meant to prevent apps from writing to specific system locations. If your apps haven't been updated to comply with SIP rules, you should contact the vendor, Apple will not fix this.

23. KAMOGodGimbo macrumors newbie

KAMOGodGimbo

It's not appearing as an update for me... What can I do to receive this update? and yes I am enrolled

24. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

this is beta, 10.11 is release. In any case beta doesn't necessarily have to mean broken.

25. Rafagon macrumors regular

Rafagon

How do you know that?