Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Sending Emails Letting Apple TV+ Subscribers Know About Extended Trial Access

ruka.snow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
If they want to pull people in they need to pull in a back catalog of content. They have all those real shows and movies on iTunes that they can work deals in to make a subscription iTunes rather than continue wasting time.

Reactions: tranceking26
Comment

kecinzer

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
Same here, expires november 1, I live in EU - Czech.
I want to switch to Apple One, so I hope it will comes to live until november 1.

Comment

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
If it was profitable then they wouldn't need to extend the freebie now would they.
They plan to charge us when season 2 of big shows like Morning Show, For All Mankind drop. These show are delayed because of COVID so we got another 3 months free. Isn‘t hard to compute.

Comment

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Got the email, still no update in the iCloud account subscription details

Comment

Mavman

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2020
I canceled mine a week or so back and just got them extension email. I’ll see if it pops back up active subscriptions

Reactions: Zaren
Comment

Surfer13134

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Ill take the 3 months but after that will cancel the service. Just not enough shows that interest me to warrant ANOTHER monthly subscription. Apple should work a deal with Disney+ or something, Pay an extra $5 with your Disney+ subscription and get Apple TV. Now that I think will work for them. But apple tv on its own just doesn't have enough to survive.

Comment

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
Who would want to pay for this service? It has nothing.

Have you watched any of the programs? There weren't that many to begin with, and when they ended (series these days seem to be like in Britain, I think, just 8 or 10 episodes and that's its) people said they're already running out of content, but new shows seem to be added all the time. I started with ones I thought I'd like, and eventually watched others I was skeptical about, but they turned out to be great.

Comment

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Ill take the 3 months but after that will cancel the service. Just not enough shows that interest me to warrant ANOTHER monthly subscription. Apple should work a deal with Disney+ or something, Pay an extra $5 with your Disney+ subscription and get Apple TV. Now that I think will work for them. But apple tv on its own just doesn't have enough to survive.

but isn't TV+ itself $5/mo? or were you saying $5 extra (total) for however long Disney+ subscription is?

There isn't much on TV+ now. I do like most of what I have seen. It is too bad this isn't a 1-year free when you activate a new device each year. to get people buying hardware. when ours expires (Dec 26 so far) I am not sure when I'd renew. $50 for a year isn't bad but there isn't much at this time and possibly I can hold off another 6 months for more shows/movies to load to the service.

Comment

scouser75

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2008
Is this offer open to ALL open subscriptions? Or only for those who subscribed very soon after the release of ATV?

I waited till Servent was aired to subscribe. My current renewal date is 1st of January.

Comment

Mavman

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2020
So I canceled mine like many folks did then got the extension email yesterday. Will I still get extended? Still shows as canceled under my subscriptions

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202
Comment

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
There actually are around 30-40 TV shows, documentaries, movies at least now. Nothing in comparison to most services still.

in comparison to let’s say Netflix, I wasn’t far off.
in terms of what might be relevant to a user, 5 also seems more or less right then, meaning you can likely watch all shows of interest within a month

Comment

Pyrhonen

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2011
Probably because the service hasn’t convinced many people to get a subscription, I canceled my free trial after a week.

Reactions: Osamede
Comment

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Desperation. Nobody needs this. And not at Apple markups. Nothing you will however hear from their propaganda machine that masquerades as “review” sites.

I cancelled on them already by month 9 of the one year free.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jxdawg
Comment

katbel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Desperation. Nobody needs this. And not at Apple markups. Nothing you will however hear from their propaganda machine that masquerades as “review” sites.

I cancelled on them already by month 9 of the one year free.

No, desperation can be used for more important things and we have a handful already!
If they give us few more months free ok, if they don't it's fine either :
not too much to see here 😆

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.