Apple Sends Invites for 'Spring Forward' Media Event on March 9

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today sent out invites for a media event that will be held on Monday, March 9 at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, reports The Loop. As with most Apple media events, it will begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

The event's "Spring Forward" tagline is decidedly time related and March 9 falls one day after the start of Daylight Saving Time in the United States, suggesting the Apple Watch may be the focal point.

There are still many details on the Apple Watch that Apple has kept under wraps, including full information on pricing, battery life, and accessory options, all of which may be revealed at the event ahead of the Apple Watch's April launch. The event could also see the launch of other products, such as the rumored 12-inch Retina MacBook Air or refreshed 11 and 13-inch MacBook Airs, which are due for an update.

Article Link: Apple Sends Invites for 'Spring Forward' Media Event on March 9

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Officially excited. Way more excited now than I was when the watch was first announced... Let's just hope it carries over until the watch actually hits stores, which could easily be another 7 or 8 weeks, seeing as they said April, and Apple almost always opts to fully utilize the time under their self-imposed deadlines.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Hopefully they announce new rMBP's, really would love to upgrade this year.
Excited to see new things regarding the Apple Watch as well...

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
With the caption "Spring forward" and the event being one day after we change our clocks for Daylight Savings, there's no doubt what this one means!

Oh-es-Ten

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
London
Ah, I already had the invite tagline designed in my head....

"It's time..."

Maybe there are actual mechanical springs in the watch they are going to reveal instead?

PJWilkin

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Apple Pay extended to Europe and Canada ??

Lets hope they announce the extension of Apple Pay to Europe and Canada

I don't care about the watch as it's of little use in Europe without Apple Pay