Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forerunnerg34

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2015
Ecuador
Retail Stores, Watch bands, Apple Watch for health, Apple Pay, repeat iPad for Education, our best iOS yet, Siri is now a lot smarter, can give you more scores, our best macOS yet, how we name it, "refinements", our best iOS part 2, later this year. Thank you.

Reactions: stevekr
Sep 8, 2016
I had a very bad experience with an Apple rep over the phone about a month ago..the end result was I did get the help I needed but to feel like I’m a idiot piece of and I’ve spent over 10k with Apple is not cool I still have Apple products sitting in a box in the plastic(Apple TV 4ks and a HomePod) because of the promises Apple made about features that just haven’t come...or aren’t as good as the competitors. I value my and my families right to privacy just like the next..but I feel like Apple has shot itself in the foot because of it as I’ve said on this site and in over 50 emails and counting to Apple. Allow your users to pick how much information they give you and in turn give them the features the others provide. I WANT to use Siri in my home

The essential phone for me was really good looking when I played with one in store..apples first iPhone had its fair share of kinks..it’s either I buy that or whatever google puts out this year for me. I have no problem with fire selling ALL of my Apple products
Your post is frankly unbelievable.

And if you have sent 50 emails to Apple you must be the quintessential "Angry Consumer".

I guarantee that any other brand(s) you choose won't live up to your standards, either.

Reactions: s15119

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed. What is the issue with Dark Mode in iOS? Does Dark Mode use more battery? I just don't get the delay. :apple:

I think they just want to get it right. I am sure it takes some work with shadows, texture, and depth. I also think they waited until there was a tangible benefit to adding it (OLED/battery life).
[doublepost=1527018548][/doublepost]
I think with smart invert, I don’t think Apple ever venture onto dark mode. I agree it would be nice, but I have accepted that Apple has their own way of doing things, which I guess in a sense you can’t miss something you never had.

I hope you're wrong as I haven't liked smart invert at all. I guess we'll see, but I have been wrong the last two years.

incko

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2018
DigiTimes: Apple to defer new MacBook Air production to 2H18

The sources said that Apple has informed supply chain partners that mass production of its new notebook model for 2018 will not kick off until the second half of the year, yet without explaining the rescheduling move. Some partners speculated that the postponement might be caused by problems with some key components such as processors.

Not sure why people keep saying this. See my above post about WWDC 2017. No guarantees of course, but Apple often makes significant hardware announcements at WWDC.

hmm so you believe, that they'll announce a new MacBook in one way ore another, although Digitimes states, that production of those hasn't begun yet?

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
It’s happening?
Shut up and take my money?
My body is ready?

Couldn’t find any of em!

Personally, I’m excited! WWDC 2017 was a good event, with lots of focus on the Mac, VR, new hardware etc. Let’s hope Apple delivers this year as well.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hoping for a brand new iPad Pro with face ID

Me too. I am hoping for one, although I am also looking for a Surface Pro if Apple doesn’t deliver. I love my iPP, but now that everyone where I work got a Surface I can also see how powerful of a tool it is. The shame is that up until last year it was all iPad Pro’s here.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Agreed. What is the issue with Dark Mode in iOS? Does Dark Mode use more battery? I just don't get the delay. :apple:
I’m not sure why Apple seem to be so against a dark mode.

iPhone 7 Plus, 8 series and the X (and I bet the iPad pro) all have searingly bright screens.

Turning the ‘volume’ down would be good.

iOS 7 was about de-emphasising the chrome. Here’s hoping that iOS 12 finishes the job.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I know it's unlikely that much hardware will be announced at this developer event. But, I'd buy a new mac mini. Just saying.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if they'll demo any ARM-based Macs? I know they said they'd transition in 2020, but Apple didn't transition to Intel all at once. I'm just curious to see what they have in mind in terms of ARM-based Macs.

Also, I kind of wish they had reduced priced tickets for people who just want to go to the keynote. Some people might not want to, or are unable to, go to the rest of the convention. I've been to other conventions that have 11,000+ people for the keynote, and that's in cities across the nation.

With all the rumours about ARM Macs, I’m not sure if Apple can go through an entire keynote without referring to the elephant in the room.

Reactions: Yvan256

Joe The Dragon

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2006
I wonder if they'll demo any ARM-based Macs? I know they said they'd transition in 2020, but Apple didn't transition to Intel all at once. I'm just curious to see what they have in mind in terms of ARM-based Macs.

Also, I kind of wish they had reduced priced tickets for people who just want to go to the keynote. Some people might not want to, or are unable to, go to the rest of the convention. I've been to other conventions that have 11,000+ people for the keynote, and that's in cities across the nation.
ARM mac pro 2020 that is what is taking so long

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
hmm so you believe, that they'll announce a new MacBook in one way ore another, although Digitimes states, that production of those hasn't begun yet?
No. I believe they will likely announce new iMacs and MacBook Pros at WWDC. However, Apple may or may not release a new 13” MacBook of some sort this year, but possibly later in the year. If later in the year, they won’t announce it at WWDC.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
From a competition standpoint, I hope that SiriKit and HomeKit are a big focus at WWDC. Give developers ways to expand Siri and implement it into apps and devices. In addition, the Internet of Things has been exploding over the last year. Amazon and Google have gotten ahead. Siri and HomeKit are big competitive blindspots for Apple that'll hurt them all down the lineup if they don't catch up.

Looks like a round watch to me! Front and center. Don't crush our hopes :p

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Could it be that they are going to release new MBP with improved keyboard with keys of different travels as the current one?
"Here at Apple we've heard your message that you want a keyboard with keys of different travels - so, across our entire line, we've now changed every keyboard so each key has a different amount of key travel. We think this is the most confusing keyboard we've ever made. You're welcome!"

JeffPerrin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
The discreet GPU recently blew up on my 2011 MacBook Pro, so you know what I'll be watching for...

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
If Apple doesn't radically revamp notifications, and just add more stupid useless emojis and minor bug fixes. Then we know Apple has lost thier touch.

But I'm so happy with Android P and my Pixel 2 XL, it would take a lot to pull me back to iOS again. Personally stock Android is great right now, no reason to switch whatsoever.

But I'd be tempted to come back to Apple if they listened to what the geeks and Jailbreak crowd like and incorporate some of those cool features onto stock iOS. We're not asking for a radical whole new operating system, but want more then boring stock gives. I just don't get why Apple is so hard core against these revisions and tweaks ?

I'm not saying copy Android. Hell they can take good stuff that Windows Phone had too. And Apple when they borrow ideas from Android, I dare say they do it better. So I'd like to see Apples approach at some of the good things Android and Windows Phone had as far as notification system, and UI, but make it thier own. Look at the JB community of tweaks, there's some really cool stuff out there, imagine Apple putting some money and professional programmers on that andbaking it into stock iOS, would be super cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: graphiteevo

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
WWDC is the place to announce new Macs since developers need Macs to write software.

All I want is an updated MacBook Air. Quad-core CPU, 1080p display, 16GB option, same ports, same keyboard.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
"Here at Apple we've heard your message that you want a keyboard with keys of different travels - so, across our entire line, we've now changed every keyboard so each key has a different amount of key travel. We think this is the most confusing keyboard we've ever made. You're welcome!"

"And one more thing... <pause for effect>... we've courageously decided to get rid of the R, D, F and C keys altogether. We know our customers don't need those keys and this allowed us to horizontally compress the revised keyboard by over 19mm while making it a whopping .004% thinner too. We know you'll love the new simplified Apple keyboard- something only Apple could make- because we arbitrarily decided to make it this way. So love it. That's an order! And sell other consumers on why it is so great. That's an order too. Available whenever we get around to it... but order now at only $699... or $849 with the next gen butterfly 2 mechanism"

Soon thereafter, from the faithful...

"OMG, Apple a e geniuses. I or one have long etested those pa ti ula keys and am ve y happy to see them ep e ate ."

"I an't believe we a e getting a keyboa that is 19mm thinne . A eam ome t ue i the e eve was one."

At last. inally, a keyboa that is not so *amn wi e and .004% thinne too! How i we eve get by when o ce to use those i i ulous keys be o e?

Hail Apple. Hail Apple. Hail Apple. All Hail the Apple.

And then of course, at least one naysayer (because there has to be one with every incredible Apple innovation)...

Why i n't they ump the 4 an 5 keys too... and un tion keys 4 & 5? I nothing else, eve yone knows to hol out until the .4 o .5 ve sion of softwa e be o e up a ing. If they umpe 4 & 5, it ould jump om the .3 ve sion to the .6 ve sion. Imagine how g eat that woul be! Apple just oesn't seem to think anymo e.

ail Apple. ail Apple. ail Apple. lea ly Apple is oome .

;) (but you know I'm only barely joking here)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig Bitties

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I want a reasonably priced laptop with a modern chipset that supports HEVC hardware decoding.

The Air is about perfect but for the CPU. The price is still not reasonable by my definition but close enough. And there's been so many rumours that they're going to discontinue the Air entirely.

Apple needs to pull something out of the hat for me to stay on platform no matter how much more I like OS X than the alternatives.

Reactions: Yvan256

Shadownix

Suspended
May 22, 2018
Seems like its going to be a boring keynote, since most of the slated software updates are stability focused, which is a good thing but doesn’t make for a very exciting presentation. Maybe they will spice it up with some cool new hardware like the new ipad pros or SE, but the lack of credible rumors make it seem like there wont be any major hardware announcements either (might get a spec bump in the Macbooks but thats not very exciting either.)

Oh well guess we will find out in 2 weeks

Reactions: bluecoast

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I don't see High Sierra as stable. It is not compatible with Keynote that I had been using. How could this happen especially both are Apple products and Keyboard has been around for long?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.