Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albeik

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2003
Marlborough, MA, USA
index_leopardpromo.gif

Just got an email about it today from ADC. Not sure if it was mentioned before:

:apple: http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
It has been mentioned before. I hope that there actually are some Top Secret features for them to show us.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
For those interested; here's the whole thing:

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 495

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Will we be able to get our hands on the 10.5 beta if we are not able to make it to WWDC? I would love to test it, but I don't want to spend $500-$600 for a Leopard starter kit.

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
Will we be able to get our hands on the 10.5 beta if we are not able to make it to WWDC? I would love to test it, but I don't want to spend $500-$600 for a Leopard starter kit.

I'm sure some kind soul will make it available somewhere on the Internet. :)

Retired
May 16, 2006

Not legally...and if your machine goes in for repair with Leopard beta on it, you're not in a great situation.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
Hence "Full-Featured", we will see features that we were not able to see last year.

yeah, i was very skeptical of there being "top-secret" features and still seeing leopard ship in june. with the push back to october i will be severely disappointed if there aren't some additional things to talk about on 6/11.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
NO secret feature will equal the frenzy that people whip themselves into on a rumor site :p Think features that would please a reviewer, not features that would please us.

I guarantee people will act as though Apple's choice to hold back certain features until this year is some kind of personal promise that these features will change their lives :p

moonzilla

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
Berkeley, CA
with so few seeds being released within the last few months, im just hoping these "top-secret" features still allow the june beta to be somewhat usable

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
It's time we saw the future. YES!!! :p

I wonder if they'll make a public beta, like how they did with Mac OS X 10.0

05elstonc

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2006
Miami
The image they choose to represent OSX Leopard in this email is the giant "X" with a yellow light shining from behind. Not the black and white spotted "X" they have been using to represent Leopard in most of their materials. This suggests to me that they want to harken back to the Macworld teaser shot, the light from behind the :apple: . What was announced that day? iPhone. Now we see the giant "X" with the same iconography, Apple clearly wants to harken to the revolutionary steps they made in January with the iPhone and indicate that Leopard will be of the same calliber and also be connected to the iPhone in ways we cannot yet fully grasp.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
The image they choose to represent OSX Leopard in this email is the giant "X" with a yellow light shining from behind. Not the black and white spotted "X" they have been using to represent Leopard in most of their materials. This suggests to me that they want to harken back to the Macworld teaser shot, the light from behind the :apple: . What was announced that day? iPhone. Now we see the giant "X" with the same iconography, Apple clearly wants to harken to the revolutionary steps they made in January with the iPhone and indicate that Leopard will be of the same calliber and also be connected to the iPhone in ways we cannot yet fully grasp.

can't you tell what that is? somebody at apple apparently deleted leopard, and they're using time machine to bring it back! ;)

Bonte

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2002
Bruges, Belgium
Feature-complete beta is good enough for me, i never install an new OS the first few months. Its the first time Apple puts out a complete beta like this, very important for corporate buyers.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Not the black and white spotted "X" they have been using to represent Leopard in most of their materials. This suggests to me that they want to harken back to the Macworld teaser shot, the light from behind the :apple:
Yeah, that was pretty evident to me as well. Though I think after a whole year, people probably have too high expectation of the "Top Secret" features by now and we're bound for disappointment, unless they really do reveal something huge.

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
Yeah, that was pretty evident to me as well. Though I think after a whole year, people probably have too high expectation of the "Top Secret" features by now and we're bound for disappointment, unless they really do reveal something huge.

I heard they are bring back the Macintosh Orginal Startup screen (the Mac with a smily face).. that will keep me happy.. lol

Ha ze

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2006
does anyone else feel as though the "delay" wasn't a real delay?
As in they never intended to ship in June, because we will be seeing the new UI in June and developers will get 6months to change everything to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.