Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
No live stream has been announced. Thanks for your interest.

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Media event tomorrow Tuesday
Date: September 9, 2013 7:35:30 AM PDT
To: media.help@apple.com

Dear Apple,

Will you stream tomorrows event live via Apple tv or any app?

Like to watch it live.

Yours Sincerely

Well, it's true. No live stream has been announced yet. Announcement goes out the morning of the event.

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
Even if the event is streamed live, some of those wanting to remain 'spoiler free' have to work or go to school during the day and can't watch it live. This page/thread will still be useful.

mizaco

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2013
Does anyone get the banner art? The colored dots. What does it all mean?!?!?!

JamesWillson69

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2013
It can't be as bad as Nintendo can't it? What with their 3DS/2DS naming scheme and the layman confusing the Wii U as being the same as the Wii...

Please, don't get me started on that...... haha, a lot of complains are doing it nowadays, with samsung, one of the more confusing things for consumers is the galaxy tab and the galaxy note. I really just hope apple dosn't do the same! :p

----------

Does anyone get the banner art? The colored dots. What does it all mean?!?!?!

I don't know, they did the colourful tiles for wwdc and we really didn't get exactly that. I'm assuming it's like the colour palettes for the 5C. We will soon find out though!! :p

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
...and don't be tempted to look on the front page here (or other tech news websites).. as there are often very big leaks in the hours leading up the keynotes..

Products codes in retailers inventories.. that sort of thing.

:cool:

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
also a reminder that social networking sites (twitter, fb, etc) are notorious for leaking information as the keynote takes place; close those tabs, disconnect your fb/twitter accounts on your phones, and stay on this forum if you don't wanna be spoiled.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
or do we? :p

----------

there was person earlier in this thread or in another (I can't remember) who supposedly emailed the Media Division at Apple and asked if there would be a live stream, a rep from apple from this division answered that there wouldn't be...I don't know how credible this piece of info is, but I thought I would just put it out there...

Based on previous experience, Apple is full of surprises, very secretive until the last minute unless there's a leak of information.
I'll wait until the morning.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Can someone confirm what time the event actually begins because on CNET's site they have a countdown which says '8 hours and 13 minutes' (at the time of writing this post) CNET Live Blog

.....however on Macrumors front page, the countdown says '9 hours and 13 minutes' ( at the time of writing this post) https://www.macrumors.com/

:confused::confused:

It starts at 10 am PST; Macrumors is correct. CNET might be referring to Pre-Event coverage...

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
im not sure what everyone is going on about apple usually has livestreaming because for the iPhone launches they don't usually for some reason. last few i def remember having to look at live txt updates with pics. the livestreaming from apple was for the ipad and mac events.

this is one time that i would be like go be proven wrong tho as it would be a good watch before the America's cup

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
I'm pasting in the "rules" from the past spoiler-free threads (yes, this isn't 'Nam, there are rules). If you can't follow them, please go elsewhere. The point of this thread is to be informed of the live stream as soon as possible without risking spoilers from around the Internet. Got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogobo
1) no spoilers, of course. That means no hints, jokes, what is, what isn't or anything related to the discussions going on around the Internet once the keynote starts, or once the official thread is up.

2) no speculation. This has been a problem in the past, and certain people think it's ok to mindlessly speculate. It isn't. Just don't.

3) the spoiler-free thread is a place for Apple fans to distract themselves, to take attention away from the live blogs and rumors before, during and after the keynote until the official stream is available online. That's the point. Talk about books, movies, music, your dog, whatever. But nothing Apple or Apple related. Nothing.

With all due respect, the rules have been crowd sourced over the past seven years, and... accurately reflect the spirit of all spoiler free threads since 2006. Specifically, No Speculation! Look at the WWDC 2012 thread for a great example of what the poster called "mindless speculation" that caused everyone to jump on him. The rules are simple, nothing Apple - because at first glance speculation looks like a rumor or spoiler, and it causes us to flinch. So just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty
Welcome to another edition of the spoiler-free experience...! This post will contain the official live keynote stream (when one is available). Please don't post any rumors/speculation. Until then, feel free to pass the time here.

Keynote Checker (Courtesy of Voidness): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Rules
- Do not mention any current rumors/new rumors
- Do not mention Apple's stock price
- Do assume everyone in this thread has heard nothing about (the) Event
- Use common sense when posting
- Do not say what was not in the Keynote (ex. "They didn't update the AppleTVs!!")
- Be Patient!

Purpose of This Thread
The purpose is that people can bookmark this thread, and check in periodically to see if a link to the Keynote is posted (instead of being spoiled by seeing pictures on the MacRumors' homepage ). It's like we've all seen trailers for a movie (like the part leaks), but we want to watch the movie (the Keynote) without knowing the ending.

Also if someone does post spoilers please report them via the button located on the left of each post. Please do not quote the offending post.
Following these rules will make a better experience for everyone. Thanks!

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
It starts at 10 am PST; Macrumors is correct. CNET might be referring to Pre-Event coverage...

Actually, 10:00AM PDT, but we get your meaning.

The last couple of keynotes I avoided searching for news until after I watched the keynote. It makes for a much better experience. It's like watching a movie without reading the spoilers. It's interesting to guess where Apple is headed a year in advance. When it gets to be just a day or two what's the point?

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
Except unfortunately I'm in school during the keynote... :/ Apple Keynotes should be national holidays :D.

there should be a national holiday during Apple Keynotes and releases :D

sorry I read it apple keynotes should be on national holidays.. can't sleep till the keynote is over :(

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
The thread has gone quiet whilst the US sleeps...

Here in the UK, it's a bright autumn day, full of expectation..!

I've just recently discovered the TV show 'Modern Family', and have a box-set to work my way through..

chrispyfur

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
A bright day indeed, though I'm not expecting much from today. If the rumours are true and it's just another speed bump, a budget model and some nice ios7 features... phhhrt, stick with a 5?

widestload

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
manchester UK
I think the US have got it good with the timings other than potentially being stuck in work. 10am, nice and early in the day so they dont have too long to wait after getting up to find out. However that means 6pm here in the UK and so a whole day in the office first to draaaag myself through! Roll on home time! Fingers crossed for a live feed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.