Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

To promote the finale of popular Apple TV+ science fiction series Silo, Apple today shared the full first episode of the series on Twitter.

silo-tv-show-apple-tv-plus.jpg

Taking advantage of the Twitter functionality that allows for longer form video, Apple shared the hour-long episode through its Apple TV+ account. The episode can be watched directly on Twitter, with no Apple TV+ subscription required.

The first episode of the show is also available on the Apple TV+ website and through Apple TV+ apps for those who don't subscribe, but a subscription is required to watch all subsequent episodes.

Silo is one of the latest Apple TV+ shows, and it is based on the "Wool" novel by Hugh Howey. The show stars Juliette as the "sheriff" of an underground silo, focusing on her efforts to uncover the secrets of the silo and what's going on at the surface.

Silo's 10th episode and season finale is set to premiere on Friday, June 30. The show quickly became one of the most popular offerings on Apple TV+ following its launch, and it has received positive reviews from fans and critics.

Article Link: Apple Shares Full First Episode of Sci-Fi Show 'Silo' on Twitter

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
I like the Silo show a lot. They did a great job. When they posted it on Twitter, there was no closed caption. I thought Apple was all about accessibility. 😶‍🌫️

EDIT: I take back what I said. The embed version doesn't show CC but when you go to the full Twitter webpage, it does show CC. I hope they can fix the issues.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
You just made that up. If anything, they've double downed with content, ads, hash flags, etc...And now this.

Yeah, made it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US

Yeah, made it up.

I think you found a Twitter Blue subscriber lol.
1687890971893.jpeg

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
I thought Apple basically pulled out of Twitter? YouTube would seem a more logical place with maybe links from several social media sites.
Very few know how much is getting spent. All we (the public) know is the Twitter revenue went down 59% last quarter based on their most recent earnings report. Just like Facebook, Twitter won't go away overnight. Now, time to go see what's happening on AOL chat.

timber

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
Lisbon
Youtube would be nicer but Apple probably doesn't want anybody getting too comfortable with the offered platform.

Just a taste. Youtube would be better than any streaming service in many ways.

Reactions: seek3r

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014

Yeah, made it up.
I'm 100% certain you Googled these quickly just to get the links ready, didn't bother reading them actually.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
What’s the problem with AppleTV+? For mediocre Sci-Fi stories like “For All Mankind” and “Silo”, it can depicts it extremely well, but, for real masterpieces like “Foundation”, it simply ruins it into sh*t?!!!
I don't unfaithful adaptations are an Apple TV+ problem, more of a Hollywood problem.

That said, I don't think Foundation is bad exactly, but they really have taken a very heavy hand it from what I can tell. I've only read the first book. Seems like they are being very free with the adaptation.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
What’s the problem with AppleTV+? For mediocre Sci-Fi stories like “For All Mankind” and “Silo”, it can depicts it extremely well, but, for real masterpieces like “Foundation”, it simply ruins it into sh*t?!!!
I'm a scientist and I've loved everything Apple has done in sci fi, but really didn't like Foundation at all. But I'm just one person. Apple knows the real numbers, and they've shown they are willing to cancel things that aren't going well.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
I'm 100% certain you Googled these quickly just to get the links ready, didn't bother reading them actually.
Actually I read them at the time but the whole point is that it has been in the news that Apple and Twitter haven’t gotten along in recent times. I haven’t seen any reports that Apple has embraced Twitter’s current status or anything. A reasonable person could conclude that Apple was not happy with Twitter and there hasn’t been any big articles indicating otherwise.

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007

Yeah, made it up.
So you were able to selectively remember the news saying they left, but not the news they were back and twitters biggest advertiser?

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
I thought Severence was ok for a puzzlebox show. But like Lost you are just waiting for the shoe to drop when you find out the writers have no plan and are just making stuff up as fast as they can without any over arching coherence.

When I get Apple TV free again I will try out Silo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.