Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
It is interesting that people would rather create a negative comment than a positive one. The ad was obviously a company creating something designed to make people laugh. If you didn't laugh, that's ok, not all things are funny to all people. However, it wasn't hard to understand the intent was to make people laugh. This funny short is not a statement on the world today, it's not a personal attack on any one person, it doesn't need to be analyzed for perfection. It can either just be enjoyed as a funny bit or seen as not funny and move on. It's almost like people WANT the world to be a miserable place where nothing can be fun or positive for anyone.

Baritone_Guy

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2021
Same thing happens at my company with Dells. They bios/efi lock them and it can't be cleared, even by resetting it on the board.
We do the same thing with Windows Autopilot. The minute the machine hits the Internet it is looking for us.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Also, it’s really annoying how often ads always portray men as stupid and creepy, and lost without women, and that the women are the only ones capable of thinking for themselves and delivering solutions. If the roles in this ad were reversed, the Internet would throw a fit and try to cancel the brand.

This might be “entertaining,” but this **** is definitely sexist and misandrist.

MaTiCeK

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2006
I like it a lot. For people complaining about speeding and leaving the scene of a crash, relax it’s meant to be a comedy not real life drama.

My wife had an iPhone 14 Pro stolen in Barcelona last month. I was back at home and on call at work. Suddenly an unknown number calls me in the middle of the night and somebody tells me their phone was stolen. And I started wondering why are people from work calling me in the middle of the night complaining about their phone being stolen, that’s not my department. Turns out it was her, but the signal was bad due to her being on a metro and I didn’t recognize her. Also, when you get woken up from deep sleep in the middle of the night, you reactions the first few seconds are very strange. :)
The next thing I did is connected to her iCloud, marked the phone as lost and initiated a restore, so all the data gets deleted. The next morning she went to the police and showed them the last known location, but they didn’t go and investigate. They get too many such cases everyday. It popped up a couple of times after the night and in the end I got the message the phone has been successfully reset. At that time the phone was just a couple of blocks away from her, almost as if the robbers were tracking here.

The next day they sent a message with a link to my phone (I was listed as her ICE contact), stating that the phone was found and if I were so nice to input the unlock code, so they can confirm it was my/her phone. The interface on that site looked just like the iPhone lockscreen. Of course I recognized it was phishing and didn’t input anything. In retrospect, I should have fed them a few wrong codes, so they get even more frustrated. Anyway, now they will probably sell it for parts.
Next I went and bought her a new phone and a new SIM card. By the evening when she arrived back home, the new iPhone was setup the same way as the old one. We were only a 1000+ euro poorer 😬.

All considering, it‘s still impressive how I could block and wipe the stolen phone, then restore everything on the new phone. If she had a non european iPhone, without a SIM card or was using eSIM, the robbers would have had an even harder time, as they couldn’t easily remove the SIM card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.