Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
First of all, I'm not your buddy. I am rather mindful with whom I associate myself.
Secondly, you got so lost that not even a map is going to help you out.
What exactly do I have to return? My old iMac 27" mid 2011 that got a toast GPU and I sold for parts on eBay because I was unwilling to pay 700 EUR for an old as hell gpu replacement? Or you talking about my old MacBook Pro that I still keep running on Windows 10? Or perhaps this is about my current iPhone SE? Or maybe you are talking about my old iPhone 6 Plus that I had for a year and half, got fed up with it and sold to buy the SE? You see, you'll have to be more precise than just rambling around.

On the other hand, before accusing people of things, it's a good exercise to think twice what you're going to say and think if there's any value on it.

Right.. pull out more stuff, come on do it, put it at the bottom of your post like 99% of so called "apple users" (sic) whining all day long for years in this forum... Sure I'll believe you. bye. No more replies, enjoy the whine I'm sure you'll be whining about Apple stuff you "bought" in 10 years here.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Its funny that you say that given that the feature doesn't rely on visible light to work
I speak from my experience though. It does work better than Touch ID but still worse than using a passcode, and in low light I get a higher fail rate than with light.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
did she just unlock all the other lockers that weren't her own with her face.... kind of like saying "well, it's not that secure!"...

I'm sure That really isn't the message intended. the commercial isn't bad. But that moment made me go "did they actualllly think this through?"

seriously. the commercial basically shows her unlocking everyone ELSES secure stuff with her face. not theirs.

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
"Making a joke of destruction of property." Fortunately, Apple and most of us have enough respect for people's intelligence that we know they won't watch the ad and see frogs released into the classroom and think Apple is promoting cruelty to amphibians or destruction of property, or that they will really think FaceID will unlock people's lockers as you walk by. No, 99.99% of people will get it that the ad is a fun and humorous way of putting out the message that Face ID is incredibly easy and powerful way to unlock your iPhone--all you have to do is look at it.

I use and love Face ID, and I still think that the ad is bizarre for advertising a security feature to anyone older than a junior high school kid.
[doublepost=1522630232][/doublepost]
Yes... they wanted people to think they could unlock anything by looking at it.... FFS where do you people come from?
[doublepost=1521429011][/doublepost]
Well then the target for the commercial wasn't you.
Nope, it must be for 8th grade kids.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I speak from my experience though. It does work better than Touch ID but still worse than using a passcode, and in low light I get a higher fail rate than with light.

Convenience should not triumph anything... But its somehow does for for odd times when we need it. And not everyone will be using it in low light.

Yet we'd rather favor the inconvenient methods always to how well it works just because the ways it doesn't work for "us" shed more reasons.

TouchID has issues as well... i had to retrain mine,, but i'm not gonna say "that's a weak point, and therefore in-secure' because no software i perfect, nor designed to be.

Apple's better than most, but i wouldn't say perfect 100%. Even a company claiming to be, shouldn't just "believe them"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.