Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's new AirPods Pro wireless earphones have begun launching around the world today. To celebrate, the company shared a few images of customers trying on the AirPods Pro for the first time at Apple retail stores in Shanghai and Tokyo.

AirPods Pro feature active noise cancellation, IPX4 water and sweat resistance, H1 chip with "Hey Siri" support, and a new in-ear design that supports silicone tips in three different sizes. All of these upgrades have increased the price of the AirPods Pro to $249. That's compared to $159 for the regular AirPods and $199 for the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case.

airpods-pro-launch-5.jpg

airpods-pro-launch-4.jpg

airpods-pro-launch-3.jpg

airpods-pro-launch-2.jpg

airpods-pro-launch-1.jpg

If you're on the hunt for more pictures of the AirPods Pro, be sure to visit the MacRumors forums to find more images and first impressions of the new earphones. Our iPhone accessories forum is also a great place to discuss your AirPods Pro order and delivery status, impressions, and more.

Article Link: Apple Shares Photos of AirPods Pro Launch in Stores Around the World

coolcicada

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2018
You can now buy online for in-store pickup on Apple.ca. Just placed my order, was going to go at open but this makes it easier.

Reactions: kycophpd

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
I may buy these new headphones - waiting a long time for noise cancelling and an in-ear design... Maybe an early Festivus present for me?

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
At some point I will go to the store to give it a test drive, however, just looking at the pics I will have to remember to bring alcohol wipes before putting them in my ears :oops:.

They don't actually let people put on in-ear headphones in the store do they? Even with a wipe off that's pretty gross. You know it's gonna come out of someone's ear with a huge glob of wax on it.

crouchingtiger

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2004
Ordered mine last night after reading Forbes review. Sounds perfect for my use cases (commuting, exercise, travel). My current AirPods are also great but don’t do well for plane travel.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I ordered a pair. I have some Beats X which I like but in the winter when I’m dressed in bulky jackets, scarves etc. the cords hanging from my ears get in the way. So if these fit my ears OK and sound as good as the Beats I’ll keep them.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I caved and decided to give them a try after cancelling my original order. I wanted a matte black color, but I will see if these are really improved and make the call then. Picking up a pair later today.
[automerge]1572440062[/automerge]
I am trying my Pros and... wow.

They feel like pure magic. Color me impressed!

Sound is better compared to originals?

HappyMBAowner

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2015
Quebec
I've always hated these silicon adapters. I tried numerous brands without success. In the end, after having spent lots of money buying silicon type earphones, I bought my first Earpods and it was magical from day one. Now, Apple is now using this silicon type earphone also. I'm very disappointed... unless they are much more different than other brands. But so far, the only earphones that work for me are the Airpods. Can I expect this new silicon type to be so different from other brands?

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
If they are as good as my AirPods second gen, I will be very happy. Mine will be arriving within the next hour (I've got a time slot with DPD so that I can work without having to worry about a knock on the door at a random time.

After I've tested them out, I will put writer my thoughts on this site. I'm hoping the noise cancelation will work well and the sound is at least as good as my gen 2 AirPods.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
They don't actually let people put on in-ear headphones in the store do they? Even with a wipe off that's pretty gross. You know it's gonna come out of someone's ear with a huge glob of wax on it.
Yes they do. They wipe them off and replace the tips. Any tip you put in your ear gets thrown away/recycled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.