Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrchinchilla

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
The level of investigation though ? Hoping for a tomorrow delivery anyways, will update you when anything changes in my status. Can’t even focus on work, just checking UPS tracking constantly ?
Looks like I was right. Hopefully they get on another flight to our respective countries tonight in time for delivery tomorrow. Here’s hoping!

Attachments

• CB7C6734-0F76-4AA6-A918-9AE2B6D96A11.jpeg
    CB7C6734-0F76-4AA6-A918-9AE2B6D96A11.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: slawejandur95

tt14922

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2020
Have "we" been able to ascertain exactly what "Express" shipping means when ordering a MB or MM? (Or is it a crap shoot?)

ravenfire

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
MBA M1 16/1TB

Ordered November 18th, Delivery between Dec 4 - Dec 11.
Status as of this morning 12/10 is still processing.

dukee101

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
MBP SG 16GB/1TB

Delivering to: Michigan
Ordered: November 21st
Delivery window: December 9 - 16

Today, December 10: Status moved to "Preparing to ship" ✈️ and credit card charged ?️

Edited with an update, December 11: Status moved to "Shipped" on Apple Store order page, and UPS page says "Package is delayed in transit". Original delivery window estimate has now slipped to a new delivery date estimate of December 21

Edited with an update, December 12: Status moved to "In Transit" on UPS page, with estimated delivery now sped up to December 14 (Apple order page still shows Dec. 21)

Last edited:

UCDHIUS

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2017
Texas
Some wild stuff going on with UPS.. I guess it is being delivered today after a “weather” delay..

Attachments

• 5FAC1CAA-A368-491F-A223-DC4EE1A3FF6F.jpeg
    5FAC1CAA-A368-491F-A223-DC4EE1A3FF6F.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 80

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
Base Gold MBA just changed to preparing to ship over night, and card was charged. Ordered 11/29. Delivery range 12/8-12/15. Able to search by reference with Fedex (express delivery) and a label was created today with estimated delivery tomorrow, 12/11. Shipping from Rialto, CA to Sacramento.

Edit: Just changed to Shipped at 11:20.

Last edited:

theedoor

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2020
Question for those in the preparing to ship stage. How are you able to see tracking info in FedEx, UPS, etc?

palyons

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
Question for those in the preparing to ship stage. How are you able to see tracking info in FedEx, UPS, etc?
It either will or will not have shipped in Preparing to Shipped stage. In the case of mine, it was in the preparing phase for about a day.

If you want to check if UPS or FedEx has it, sign up for a My UPS Account or a FedEx account and check on their sites. Both account choices are free. When you go to My UPS you will see any Inbound Shipments coming your way. I can't speak for how it works on FedEx, as mine was with UPS.

beMuc

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
MBA 16/2TB ordered 12/3 expected delivery 1/27 in Germany ??? hope this is conservative estimate ... That would be almost 2 months..

theedoor

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2020
It either will or will not have shipped in Preparing to Shipped stage. In the case of mine, it was in the preparing phase for about a day.

If you want to check if UPS or FedEx has it, sign up for a My UPS Account or a FedEx account and check on their sites. Both account choices are free. When you go to My UPS you will see any Inbound Shipments coming your way. I can't speak for how it works on FedEx, as mine was with UPS.

Looks like nothing on my UPS account, and can't see anything on FedEx. I guess there's not tracking set up yet.

What's odd is the Apple Store app say "Expedited Shipping" but the Apple Store website says "Express Delivery" - wonder if those are synonymous.

palyons

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
Looks like nothing on my UPS account, and can't see anything on FedEx. I guess there's not tracking set up yet.

What's odd is the Apple Store app say "Expedited Shipping" but the Apple Store website says "Express Delivery" - wonder if those are synonymous.
Mine shipped out early Tuesday morning, I would expect it to come from Shanghai, China. It was also Express Delivery too. Right now on the Apple Order Status page it says Arrives Wed Dec 16. And that's just an approximate date from Apple. According to UPS mine is coming some time tomorrow. So really, only 4-5 days, assuming there's no complications at UPS or FedEx. Initially my tracking says "Package is Delayed in Transit". But even with that delayed message, it's still only taken 4-5 days in total from China.

beMuc

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
Mine shipped out early Tuesday morning, I would expect it to come from Shanghai, China. It was also Express Delivery too. Right now on the Apple Order Status page it says Arrives Wed Dec 16. And that's just an approximate date from Apple. According to UPS mine is coming some time tomorrow. So really, only 4-5 days, assuming there's no complications at UPS or FedEx. Initially my tracking says "Package is Delayed in Transit". But even with that delayed message, it's still only taken 4-5 days in total from China.
How does your config look like? I’ve added 2TB and my shipping is estimated for end Jan ??

DoctorK4

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
Have "we" been able to ascertain exactly what "Express" shipping means when ordering a MB or MM? (Or is it a crap shoot?)
My wife's silver MBP 16/1 was "Standard Delivery" and it took about 48 hours to ship from Shanghai->Alaska->Memphis->our house in NYS. My space gray MBP 16/1 was "Expedited Delivery" and it's also shipping from Shanghai but has already been in transit for 48 hours and is apparently sitting in Japan right now...

so, I would vote "crap shoot" ;)

Reactions: Chacocliff

wubsylol

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2014
16GB/1TB MBP - Ordered December 1st. Was arriving December 23rd at order and in my confirmation email. A while, but fine; it’s a hot product and it’s a busy time of year. By chance just checked the Apple Store app yesterday and it’s been pushed out to Jan 6th.

Not cool, Apple.

Mantahoe

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2014
New York, NY
16GB/1TB MBP - Ordered December 1st. Was arriving December 23rd at order and in my confirmation email. A while, but fine; it’s a hot product and it’s a busy time of year. By chance just checked the Apple Store app yesterday and it’s been pushed out to Jan 6th.

Not cool, Apple.
Don't they have this version (16GB/1TB) in store anymore? That's what I ended up getting and picked up the next day.

ravenfire

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007

Not cool, Apple.
That's kinda what I figure may happen with my order.

MBA M1 16/1TB

Ordered November 18th, Delivery between Dec 4 - Dec 11.
Status as of this afternoon 12/10 is still processing.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
My wife's silver MBP 16/1 was "Standard Delivery" and it took about 48 hours to ship from Shanghai->Alaska->Memphis->our house in NYS. My space gray MBP 16/1 was "Expedited Delivery" and it's also shipping from Shanghai but has already been in transit for 48 hours and is apparently sitting in Japan right now...

so, I would vote "crap shoot" ;)
Mine is also sitting in Japan. I'm hoping to see some progress today.

HevyKev

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2020
Looks like our MacBook are in the same batch. No movement in Shanghai after a 22:25 scan on Dec. 8.

What do you think is the next step? It’s marked as shipped a couple of hours before the delay in transit scan, is it still in China or it landed in the US but it’s not scanned yet?
Interesting, mine also had it’s last scan in Shanghai at 22:25 on December 8. It was originally scanned in Shanghai on December 6.

Reactions: Kebel87

DoctorK4

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
Mine is also sitting in Japan. I'm hoping to see some progress today.
There was a flight from KIX to MEM that left at the exact time of my JP In Transit scan, so I'm optimistic that my shipment is on there. Seems too coincidental that the time matches the flight departure time to the minute.

*IF* it's on that flight and *IF* it clears customs quickly, it's *POSSIBLE* I could get it Friday, but realistically I'm thinking Monday.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
There was a flight from KIX to MEM that left at the exact time of my JP In Transit scan, so I'm optimistic that my shipment is on there. Seems too coincidental that the time matches the flight departure time to the minute.

*IF* it's on that flight and *IF* it clears customs quickly, it's *POSSIBLE* I could get it Friday, but realistically I'm thinking Monday.

Mine is stuck in Narita, Japan. What does your last tracking say?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.