Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
That's kinda what I figure may happen with my order.

MBA M1 16/1TB

Ordered November 18th, Delivery between Dec 4 - Dec 11.
Status as of this afternoon 12/10 is still processing.

Same state for me, I am not frustrated that they missed the window. I understand the times we are living in. But by now they should know they are going to miss the window, at least gives us a new idea of the timeline.

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
And now shipped. Right on schedule.
After spending almost 4 days in Hong Kong, my MBA left for Anchorage (I assume) early Thursday morning. Now 1.5 days later, no further scans. Definitely not being delivered on the 11th (end of the original delivery window.) Hoping they missed a scan, and it’s on its way to Louisville.

TimothyJohn

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
Md.
Its ether apple is having issues with 1TB logic boards or Apple severely underestimated the demand for 1 TB configurations.. 1TB Mac Mini orders are experiencing a similar delay.

My 16/512 Mini ordered on the 20th is on a similar delay.

I only got a tracking number yesterday with a shipping delay to Corpus Christi, TX

Ordered a SG MBA 8/16GB/1TB on 27/11 (26th USA time, I’m in NZ).

Delivery window has remained 22/12 to 31/12 since ordering. Still processing and no card charge but hopeful
I called last night, Wed, 12/9. The sales support person at Apple basically read off the screens I already knew. Her answer to my concerns could best be summed up like this: "We know it's important that our customers are ordering for the holidays. We added express delivery at no extra charge. We have no idea of manufacturing or supply concerns. As soon as your item is available to ship, we will be able to offer you a delivery estimate." I asked her straight up, Is there a problem with manufacturing? Parts supply? She could NOT answer.

Thurs, 12/10: Processing.

ravenfire

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
Doubt it will make it for tomorrows window, but mine just changed to preparing for shipping. I’ll eat crow if Apple gets it done.......

Card got charged as well.
I just checked UPS My Choice and nothing is listed. Could they be shipping these overnight via FedEx?

Fomalhaut

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2020
Missed the UPS Delivery, but got a new baby instead....

I was waiting for a shiny new M1 MBA to be delivered to my daughter yesterday, after much drama with lost shipments, replacement delays, and shifting delivery dates.

It was finally about to be delivered yesterday, when my daughter decided it was a good day to give birth (a few days early, like Apple) and went to the hospital while UPS visited. After months of staying at home hardly leaving the house, Apple chose today :cool:

Mother and baby doing well, but the MBA will have to be delivered another day....

pirategrad

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Austin, Texas
MBA 16/2TB ordered 12/3 expected delivery 1/27 in Germany ??? hope this is conservative estimate ... That would be almost 2 months..
I order the same thing on 11/20. Delivery window is 12/16-12/23. No charge yet other than the hold put on the card when the order was placed. Seeing all the orders shipping that were placed after mine had me hoping that mine would ship out sooner than promised. There’s less than a week before my delivery window opens so we will see when it actually ships. It’s coming to Texas.

tt14922

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2020
Missed the UPS Delivery, but got a new baby instead....

I was waiting for a shiny new M1 MBA to be delivered to my daughter yesterday, after much drama with lost shipments, replacement delays, and shifting delivery dates.

It was finally about to be delivered yesterday, when my daughter decided it was a good day to give birth (a few days early, like Apple) and went to the hospital while UPS visited. After months of staying at home hardly leaving the house, Apple chose today :cool:

Mother and baby doing well, but the MBA will have to be delivered another day....
CONGRATS!

ytechie

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Go home apple, you're drunk. Their app is still optimistic I'll get it today, even though it's still in Shanghai.

Looks like it will be showing up ~8 days late.

1607646516890.png

1607646500580.png

1607646561360.png

Lumineux

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2006
Anyone else still stuck in Narita, Japan?
Looks like I’m in the same batch as you. My MBP 16G/1TB arrived in NRT on 12/10 8:04pm. I was hoping that it would make it out on the UPS109 flight from NRT to ANC which left at 9:58pm. But alas, there have been no updates since arriving in NRT. Best case is that it made it on the flight to Anchorage, AK, and then made it on the subsequent flight to Louisville, KY, but for some reason wasn’t scanned along the way. Worst case is that it missed the flight to Anchorage, and will be on tomorrow’s UPS109 flight instead. (Flight info from flightaware.com). BTW, UPS lists Monday 12/14 as the delivery date.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
Looks like I’m in the same batch as you. My MBP 16G/1TB arrived in NRT on 12/10 8:04pm. I was hoping that it would make it out on the UPS109 flight from NRT to ANC which left at 9:58pm. But alas, there have been no updates since arriving in NRT. Best case is that it made it on the flight to Anchorage, AK, and then made it on the subsequent flight to Louisville, KY, but for some reason wasn’t scanned along the way. Worst case is that it missed the flight to Anchorage, and will be on tomorrow’s UPS109 flight instead. (Flight info from flightaware.com). BTW, UPS lists Monday 12/14 as the delivery date.
I was also hoping it made the early flight. At one point today UPS tracking showed tomorrow as delivery, but I think it will be Monday now.

Reactions: Mardigrasnut

Busenitz111

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
My UPS shipment (MBA 16/1) is at my local UPS depot (N. Cal.) scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
My other MBA 16/1 shipped via FedEx still shows in Japan (tentatively scheduled for 12/15 delivery).

BBsan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2014
Germany
I'm stuck in 'preparing to ship' rn. Destination is Germany. MBP 16/1 SG

Does anybody have experience with shipping with DHL Express? I assume my order is delivered via Prague. How long might it take after I finally receive a tracking number?
Same for me, also Germany and also MBP1/16 SG.
It just went to shipped over night, but yet DHL Express does not show any data for this tracking number:/

Reactions: Trinity83

HevyKev

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2020
My UPS shipment (MBA 16/1) is at my local UPS depot (N. Cal.) scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
My other MBA 16/1 shipped via FedEx still shows in Japan (tentatively scheduled for 12/15 delivery).
Where did the UPS one originate from? My MBP 16/512 has been delayed in transit since Sunday in Shanghai. Man, I hate UPS, but that would be another thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.