Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kebel87

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
My package (ordered on Nov. 20, Shipping to Toronto) was the similar case. It took 2-3 BDs to see the package finally departed from Shanghai. Good luck.
Could you please post a screenshot of your tracking? Thanks!

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
It looks like mine made it out of Narita. Heading for Anchorage!

Attachments

• F1D5AC69-8DFC-40BF-AE7D-00D3ED67CC0F.png
    F1D5AC69-8DFC-40BF-AE7D-00D3ED67CC0F.png
    1 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: Lumineux

sptnk

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2020
MBA Gold (M1/16 GB RAM/256 GB SSD/8-core CPU/7-core GPU)

Order placed: Nov. 20
Delivery estimate: Dec. 15 (UPS, updated Dec. 11) / Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 (Apple)
Shipped: Dec. 4

Status as of Dec. 11: UPS - "Arrived at Facility" - Louisville, KY, US

Delivery location: Toronto, Canada

Finally made it to the hub!
Also, the estimate was changed from Dec. 16 to Dec. 15 (no complaint, of course). Let's see.

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
Oddly enough my Iphone pro Max email stated it was shipped on Dec 10. UPS yesterday shows a label was created in Canada and that UPS was waiting to receive the parcel. Later that evening it show's shipped from Caledon, ON, Canada. My tracking doesn't show a China or US stops. UPS also shows I will receive it next week instead of Apple's Dec 22. My MBP which was ordered first by 2-3 days hasn’t left the processing stage

Last edited:

ravenfire

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
Is anyone else seeing their shipping date slip? Kinda of torqued that they did not communicate this better.

MBA M1 16/1TB Ordered November 18th, Delivery between Dec 4 - Dec 11.

Update: Arrives Jan 13 - Jan 20

dukee101

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
Just got notified that my MBP SG 16GB/1TB has been shipped via UPS from Shanghai, but it says "Package is delayed in transit" (after I ordered on November 21), and the original delivery window estimate of December 9 - 16 has slipped to an estimate delivery date of December 21.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India
Just curious. Which country is likely to get the fastest delivery of custom built configurations?

In India they gave me an estimate of one month.

P.S. I mean the standard estimation that shows on apple website while placing order, in general, assuming items are in stock.

Last edited:

howslo

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2020
My MacMini ordered 11/30 (16 GB & 512 GB) with erratic tracking data from UPS; now showing delivery today!

30 minutes later:
Rescheduled Date: "Wednesday, 12/16/2020
"Exception Reason: Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.
"Exception Resolution: Delivery will be delayed by one business day."

Last edited:

andykelly

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
UPS Delivered this morning, although there was no "Out for delivery" scan so it was lucky I saw him show up. UPS was showing as delivery by end of day Monday until it actually got here.

IMG_2875.jpg

Reactions: sptnk

firsttomacviaM1

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2020
Just curious. Which country is fastest to get delivery of custom built configurations?

In India they gave me an estimate of one month.
Clearly it depends on when you ordered versus where you ordered from.

I ordered exactly on black friday i.e 27th November 2020 from US, it gave me a month estimate to get (MBP 16/512) delivered. I am still at the processing stage. A lot of time goes in processing your order than shipping unless it gets delayed in transit. Also, it depends on whether the product is in stock the moment you buy.

I have seen here in this thread, that most of them who ordered same model of MBP from USA, later around 1st of Dec, have got it shipped already. So it totally depends on the date you ordered versus the country.

Last edited:

ravenfire

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007

I ordered exactly on black friday i.e 27th November 2020 from US, it gave me a month estimate to get (MBP 16/512) delivered. I am still at the processing stage. A lot of time goes in processing your order than shipping unless it gets delayed in transit. Also, it depends on whether the product is in stock the moment you buy.

I have seen here in this thread, that most of them who ordered same model of MBP from USA, later around 1st of Dec, have got it shipped already. So it totally depends on the date you ordered versus the country.
MBA M1 16/1TB Ordered November 18th, Delivery between Dec 4 - Dec 11.

Update: Arrives Jan 13 - Jan 20

Trinity83

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2020
Same for me, also Germany and also MBP1/16 SG.
It just went to shipped over night, but yet DHL Express does not show any data for this tracking number:/
How long did you stuck in 'Preparing to Ship' and did it come via Prague?

It's day 3 since my status moved to prepare and honestly I expected it would change at least within 48h.
It 8:17 pm and still didn't get any shipping information, so it probably will be Monday or Tuesday before it'll be shipped

Last edited:

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India

Seems you misunderstood my question. M1 macs are in stock but backordered for custom configurations everywhere I could find. Fact that you get the estimate based on when you place the order is implicit and hence needless to say. I was asking in which country the estimate delivery time is the shortest, USUALLY.

For e.g. Same configuration gives 2 week estimate in USA, 2-3 Week estimate in Denmark, 4 weeks estimate in India etc.

Last edited:

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
USA
My Mini has been in Chek Lap Hok, Hong Kong for over 24hrs now with no movement on the tracking. Is this normal? Estimated delivery on UPS tracking is 12/16, but on the Apple site it says 12/18 Coming to the USA.

Last edited:

firsttomacviaM1

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2020
Seems you misunderstood my question. M1 macs are in stock but backordered for custom configurations everywhere I could find. Fact that you get the estimate based on when you place the order is implicit and hence needless to say. I was asking in which country the estimate delivery time is the shortest, USUALLY.

For e.g. Same configuration gives 2 week estimate in USA, 2-3 Week estimate in Denmark, 4 weeks estimate in India etc.

Ah I see.. the shortest delivery? I guess USA and CANADA?

here is info about shipping times though. Hope this helps!

Shipping timesMacBook AirMacBook ProMac mini
US1-2 weeks
(2-3 weeks for 512 GB)
3-4 weeks4-5 days
UK1-2 weeks1-2 weeks4-5 days
CA1-2 weeks
(2-3 weeks for 512 GB)
1-2 weeks4-5 days
(1-2 weeks for 256 GB)
AU1-2 weeks1-2 weeksIn stock
NZ1-2 weeks1-2 weeksIn stock
DE2-3 weeks2-3 weeks2-3 weeks
FR1-2 weeks
(2-3 weeks for 256 GB)
1-2 weeks
(2-3 weeks for 512 GB)
4-5 days
(1-2 weeks for 256 GB)
ES2-3 weeks1-2 weeks1-2 weeks
(2-3 weeks for 256 GB)
PL2-3 weeks1-2 weeks1-2 weeks
(2-3 weeks for 256 GB)

Last edited:

BBsan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2014
Germany
How long did you stuck in 'Preparing to Ship' and did it come via Prague?

It's day 3 since my status moved to prepare and honestly I expected it would change at least within 48h.
It 8:17 pm and still didn't get any shipping information, so it probably will be Monday or Tuesday before it'll be shipped
I think it was stuck about 4 days in preparing to ship, then it went to Prague, now to Brno.
It still says, delivery on Monday... keeping fingers crossed?

Reactions: Trinity83

JVXEVCWMUJGOHIKQ

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2020
We’re on the same boat.

Ordered: November 27th
Shipped: December 8th
Scheduled: December 18th

Stuck in Shanghai since December 8th 22:25.

Destination Québec city.
My tracking "updated" to the same status but renewed today. At least there is some activity, I think it will get unblocked soon based on what I've read in this thread.

Ocala2020

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
I am in India and I purchased Mac mini M1 8 Core CPU_ 8 Core GPU + 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD, comes in Dec 4 -11 2020.

Order processing
I got mine about three weeks ago to replace my 2011 Mini....had all kinds of problems...sent it back to apple for replacement...got the new one Thursday and have not opened it. I had a backup Porsche Design HD and none of my browser user and passwords made the move to the new Mac Mini. The Geeks at Facebook...will NOT let you use another browser to log in...they demand a jpeg of the Drivers License and then............nothing. I found the replacement for iTunes of 10.13.6 overly slow to move music to my iPhone and the sych is slow at best....many of my apps like BEAN do not work with Big Sur....I am using my 2011 Mini to write this and I am strongly considering sending back the new one for a refund....the New Mini, I sent back...refused to copy a 40mb, mp4 file to a thumb drive.....after 8 hours, I gave up......Many who post here feel like Trump supporters...in denial about any new Apple product....problems....After two weeks of sitting unplugged my old mac mini is working just fine.

palyons

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
After much waiting, it's here!

My Entire Order History:
MBP 16gb/1tb Space Gray
Ordered 11/13
Estimated 12/1 - 12/8
Charged on 12/7 in the early afternoon.
Preparing for shipment on 12/7
Shipping Updates:
12/8-
- (Shanghai, China)
- Origin Scan at 7:34 PM
- Arrived at 8:25 PM
- Delayed in transit at 10:24 PM
12/9-
- Delayed in transit at 4:08 PM
- In Transit / Departed at 5:20 PM
- (Narita, Japan)
- Arrived at 7:51 PM
- Departed at 9:44 PM
- (Anchorage, AK)
- Arrived at 10:25 AM
- Departed at 2:41 PM
12/10-
- (Louisville, KY)
- Arrived at 12:14 AM
- Import Scan at 10:56 AM (actually was Import Scanned twice)
- Departed at 3:29 PM
- (Kokomo, IN)
- Arrived at 5:33 PM
- (Wyoming, MI)
- Arrived at 10:26 PM
12/11-
- (Wyoming, MI)
- Departed at 12:53 AM
- (Destination City)
- Arrived at 2:46 AM
- DELIVERED at 11:56 AM

Reactions: firsttomacviaM1

Kebel87

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
My tracking "updated" to the same status but renewed today. At least there is some activity, I think it will get unblocked soon based on what I've read in this thread.
Same for me, at 1:22AM CST.

My guess is they will board the morning outbound flight at around 7:25AM CST if the previous data points in this thread proves right. However, it’s Saturday in China and I don’t remember seeing a status showing a flight on Saturday.

jasenwar

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2020
Same for me, at 1:22AM CST.

My guess is they will board the morning outbound flight at around 7:25AM CST if the previous data points in this thread proves right. However, it’s Saturday in China and I don’t remember seeing a status showing a flight on Saturday.
sounds like we are in the same group, same status update for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.