MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week stopped selling its Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Trackpad 2 accessories for the Mac in a Space Gray color, around three months after discontinuing the iMac Pro, which also came in Space Gray.

space-gray-magic-accessories-trio.jpg

Last month, Apple listed the Space Gray accessories as available while supplies last, and the company has now removed the product pages from its website entirely, as spotted by Appleosophy. The accessories remain available in Silver, but keep in mind they have not been updated since October 2015.

The new iMac with the M1 chip is available with colorful new Magic accessories, including a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, but Apple has not yet made these accessories available for purchase on a standalone basis.

Article Link: Apple Stops Selling Magic Accessories in Space Gray

Last edited:

coolajami

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2009
I'm curious about the rationale behind this decision. Apple accessories in space grey are very popular in the secondary market and it would be fair to assume that the same happens in the primary market.

adamlbiscuit

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
I already had the SG Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse, so I'm glad I got the SG Magic Trackpad soon after the discontinuation was initially announced. I'm a sucker for a matching set (though my Mac mini is Silver and MacBook Air is Gold, go figure).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.