Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Online Store has gone offline in preparation for iPad mini pre-orders. Pre-orders for the iPad mini and the fourth-generation iPad will likely begin at 12:01am Pacific and 3:01am Eastern on October 26th.

applestoredown.jpg
Customers can begin pre-ordering all models of iPad mini and all models of the fourth generation iPad on Friday, October 26 through the Apple Online Store in the US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
iPad mini with Wi-Fi models will be available for purchase in retail stores on Friday, November 2, with pre-orders beginning to arrive that same day. iPad mini with Cellular models will begin shipping a few weeks after the Wi-Fi models, first in the U.S. on AT&T, Sprint and Verizon with other countries following later.

Fourth generation iPad preorders begin tonight as well, with similar availability to the iPad mini.

Article Link: Apple Store Down Ahead of iPad Mini Pre-Orders

zinman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012
Indy
Sooooo since I have a gift card, I'll buy the 4th Gen iPad from Best Buy. Has anyone heard if it will be available there on nov 2, or if it will be available to preorder sometime? I'm asking because apparently they didn't have the iPhone 5 on day one (I think).

carl0sian

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
yep, i'll be sleeping through this one too but..........i'm strongly considering purchasing a 2011 27" i7 quad core iMac.....that's making me lose sleep.

carl0sian

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
i have the ipad 3 and A6 processor looks appealing but I think I'll change my iPad when the form factor changes and the processor becomes quadcore.

DTMfan

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Was ready to buy a mini to compliment my ipad3 that I'd like to leave at home when on the road for work. I'm giving pause though with non retina and the a5.. I'm going to hold out and wait to see it in person. Hopefully it will be available if I do indeed want it. Otherwise I'm holding out for version 2 of it this year.

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
For once, this isn't all that exciting.

Compared to iPhone 5, I just don't feel the excitement in the air. Maybe it's just me. Although I remember when the 1st gen. iPad was introduced, there wasn't much hype either. It all started afterwards. You guys remember?

still getting an iPad mini and 4th gen iPad though. ;-)

MacGeek1987

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
Sooooo since I have a gift card, I'll buy the 4th Gen iPad from Best Buy. Has anyone heard if it will be available there on nov 2, or if it will be available to preorder sometime? I'm asking because apparently they didn't have the iPhone 5 on day one (I think).

I doubt it because they still don't have the 5th Gen. iPod Touches.. or it could just be my local store.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I can't understand why a tech company like apple has to completely shut down their store to add a new product :confused:

iPhoneApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2011
Compared to iPhone 5, I just don't feel the excitement in the air. Maybe it's just me. Although I remember when the 1st gen. iPad was introduced, there wasn't much hype either. It all started afterwards. You guys remember?

still getting an iPad mini and 4th gen iPad though. ;-)

iPhone 5 seemed different. iPad Mini is just an iPad 2 in a smaller form factor. Next gen iPad Mini will be something worth looking at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.