Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a104375

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Matamoras, PA
A little out there, but what about:

* A re-released iSight (HD) and/or:

* New Apple Cinema Displays (with built in cameras).

wow yeah talk about out there.. i could see the ACD with isight but new isight external very very unlikely although there are probably people who would buy it

jackjason

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2006
I count 16 different combinations of T/F and 4 occurences of having exactly 1 answer true. I passed probability and inferential statistics.

thanks..but how to figure this out without listing all the possibilities..

should I use AND or OR rule..

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
wow yeah talk about out there.. i could see the ACD with isight but new isight external very very unlikely although there are probably people who would buy it

an external iSight would give you much better quality than a built in one ever could.
Plus some places aren't allowed to have cameras in the building at all. (they said the same thing for the iPhone too though...) :rolleyes:

iphonesarecool

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
England, UK
New Iphone?

I hope so.

Attachments

• Apple Store.JPG
    Apple Store.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 104

a104375

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Matamoras, PA
an external iSight would give you much better quality than a built in one ever could.
Plus some places aren't allowed to have cameras in the building at all. (they said the same thing for the iPhone too though...) :rolleyes:

true it would be better quality but the question is would it be firewire 800/400 or USB?

psychotropic

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
loss of money?

Now I am new here and don't know about how Mr. Job's mind works but...if they are only updating mobileme and the iphone wouldn't it make sense to place the new line of notebooks (assuming there is a redesign released on the 14th)? The money that apple is losing due to shut down of the site would make sense to update everything at one time. Apple is already paying all of their employees to integrate the new store sight why pay your employees even more in the next couple of weeks when they would have to shut it down again to put the new macbooks (once again assuming that it happens). I really don't know if this makes any sense, Im tired yet very excited to see what happens.

panamajack

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2006

Hence the and/or ... it's more than a little strange that pro-users who treat themselves with an over priced ACD don't have any Apple branded video capture options.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005

It's easy...

On a 4-question true or false test, there are 4 ways you can only get 1 correct answer (i.e. get any one of the 4 questions correct and the rest incorrect).

The total number of possible answer combinations is 2^4 = 16 (there are four questions and two possible answers per question- 2*2*2*2 = 2^4 = 16).

So the answer is 4/16.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Now I am new here and don't know about how Mr. Job's mind works but...if they are only updating mobileme and the iphone wouldn't it make sense to place the new line of notebooks (assuming there is a redesign released on the 14th)? The money that apple is losing due to shut down of the site would make sense to update everything at one time. Apple is already paying all of their employees to integrate the new store sight why pay your employees even more in the next couple of weeks when they would have to shut it down again to put the new macbooks (once again assuming that it happens). I really don't know if this makes any sense, Im tired yet very excited to see what happens.

I doubt Apple lose any more with the store being down... people buying Apple still buy Apple just a little later or via an outlet.

--Zed

Chuckiechuckie7

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008
maybe an area for Apps where people can preview, and when they click "buy app" the iTunes store will open and such...

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
I predict that the store will stay down for another 35 minutes. They are waiting for the US to catch up with the rest of the world and be in today and not yesterday! :p

--Zed

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I predict that the store will stay down for another 35 minutes. They are waiting for the US to catch up with the rest of the world and be in today and not yesterday! :p

--Zed

Alaska doesn't get tomorrow for another 90 minutes. Hawaii is another 2 hours behind that.

jackjason

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2006
It's easy...

On a 4-question true or false test, there are 4 ways you can only get 1 correct answer (i.e. get any one of the 4 questions correct and the rest incorrect).

The total number of possible answer combinations is 2^4 = 16 (there are four questions and two possible answers per question- 2*2*2*2 = 2^4 = 16).

So the answer is 4/16.

thank you very much!

darklyt

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007

should I use AND or OR rule..

I just did it by saying that I have a 50-50 shot on each one and I have 4 questions, so the denominator is clearly 16. The numerator comes from thinking about that there is precisely one way for you to have a correct solution for each question and incorrect for the rest (like 0001 or 0010 in the list).

You can also consider it as an expansion of (F + T)^4 = F^4 + 4*T*F^3 + 6*T^2*F^2 + 4*F*T^3 + T^4 where T is a correct answer and F is an incorrect answer. Then, having T^1 is having one correct and all the rest false. The coefficient of this is 4 so you will have 4 distinct occurrences of having only one question answered correctly.

My probability is a little rusty, but those are two ways that I was thinking of the solution. Would thinking of each "trial" (answering each question) as independent of the other ones help put it in perspective of AND or OR?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.