Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has taken down its online storefront hours ahead of its "Far out" event in preparation for the announcement of the new iPhone 14, new Apple Watches, AirPods Pro, and more.

apple-store-down-far-out.jpg

The event, being held at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park, will include a wide range of new announcements and updates. Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Plus, the iPhone 14 Pro, and the iPhone 14 Pro Max as the new iPhone series.

The two higher-end models of the lineup, the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, are expected to feature the biggest changes, including a new pill-shaped notch replacement, an always-on display, longer battery life, and more advanced cameras. According to rumors, the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will have relatively few new features and changes.

For the Apple Watch, Apple is planning an updated Apple Watch Series 8 that is rumored to feature an all-new body temperature sensor but retains the same design as the Apple Watch Series 7.

The bigger Apple Watch news is likely to be the new Apple Watch Pro, which will feature an all-new larger design with a more expansive display targeted toward athletes. Apple is also expected to announce the second-generation AirPods Pro during the event, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

MacRumors will have in-depth coverage of Apple's event, which kicks off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, including a live blog on our website and tweets via @MacRumorsLive on Twitter. For a full rundown of everything we expect to see, be sure to check out our guide.

Article Link: Apple Store Goes Down Ahead of 'Far Out' Event: iPhone 14, Apple Watch Series 8, and More Expected

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: furou and sorgo †

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2016
England
Here it goes. Can’t wait till the Apple stores comes back up online with new Apple products. Woo hoo!

Even though i watch the keynote and know all the details i still love going on the site and seeing how they have updated it and go through all the specs and features all over again!

I know i know its sad 😂

Even though i watch the keynote and know all the details i still love going on the site and seeing how they have updated it and go through all the specs and features all over again!

I know i know its sad 😂
No way! Not sad at all. I have a feeling the whole UI will be more like tabs. The Apple store was updated a month or so ago. It will be interesting how Apple will put it up. 🎈

Deedeekay

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2021
Hrm, I’m waiting on a delivery from Apple China via DHL and their tracking portal went down at the same time as the Apple Store. I hope that’s just a weird coincidence because my obsessive reloading of the tracking site NEEDS feeding!

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Need to keep telling myself I have no good reason to get an iPhone 14. My 12 is working perfectly fine but I still have that excitement and itch for something new. I even went and checked how much I could sell it for lol.

Going to try hold out until iPhone 15.

Reactions: NARadyk
Need to keep telling myself I have no good reason to get an iPhone 14. My 12 is working perfectly fine but I still have that excitement and itch for something new. I even went and checked how much I could sell it for lol.

Going to try hold out until iPhone 15.
Not going to work. You will be upgrading... just be prepared 🤭

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.