Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

074551-apple_store_products.jpg
074551-apple_store_stores.jpg

As rumored, Apple's new iOS application dedicated to the company's retail store experience is now live in the App Store. Known simply as Apple Store, the free application allows users to shop the full online Apple Store, pre-order the new iPhone 4, locate Apple retail stores, and sign up for retail store appointments and workshops.
With the Apple Store app, you can:
- See new and featured products from Apple.
- Shop the full selection of products available from the Apple Online Store.
- Find the latest accessories and software.
- Read customer reviews and get answers to product questions.
- Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps.
- Locate any Apple Retail Store in the world, instantly.
- Make Personal Shopping, Genius Bar, and One to One appointments.
While Apple Store is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, it is not a universal application and thus does not offer an iPad-specific interface when installed on Apple's larger tablet device.

Unfortunately, launching the application currently showing only Apple's "We'll be back soon" sticky note, as the company's online store has been taken down after briefly going live with iPhone 4 pre-orders and a redesigned Mac mini.

Article Link: 'Apple Store' iOS Application Goes Live in App Store

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
yay, another app by Apple for my iPhone to make it easier for to just give them my money. (iTunes, Apps Store, Apple Store)

by the way, this app is awesome

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
i might install it just to preorder this damn iphone.

Spinning wheel at store.apple.com for 5 minutes now while they're "checking with AT&T" :mad:

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Man, what is up with Apple releasing non-universal apps. I mean its cool that it is on the iPhone but I would rather have it on my iPad...

stujmac26

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Wow

So Apple can't even develop an iPad specific app to release at the same time as the iPhone app - way to encourage others Apple :rolleyes:

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Crazy..
You'd expect it to be available in all countries with Apple Stores...
Probably doesn't support multitasking in OS4 either... Anyone check?

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Pretty obvious why this isn't universal. The normal store works perfectly on the iPad. We don't need an app for every website out there.

If that was a valid reason, Apple could have just implemented this in HTML5 on their web servers - making a custom iPhone view.

No - they chose the app route to add extra functionality - so it's lame they haven't supported all iOS devices properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.