Apple Store priority list

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigwayne3000, Jun 28, 2010.

1. bigwayne3000 macrumors regular

Just curious, I went on the priority list sat at my local Apple Store. Is anyone else who is on the list recieving emails saying they are able to come in and pick one up? I'm hoping I can get one soon as I'm phoneless right now. I was going to order online thru Apple but the 3 week wait put me off and I thought I would have a better chance of getting one in store.

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'd still order online. Then cancel one when your iPhone comes in.

3. rileyrd macrumors member

I am on the priority list at Raleigh, NC store. Got on Saturday morning. Hoping for a email today. I did get an email confirming I am on the list.

4. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

I recieved the email confirm as well within 5 mins of getting off the phone with the Apple store employee who put me on the list. Suprised me as I am rather negative of employees and didnt think he was actually putting me on the list haha. I was hoping to get the pick up email today as well but its late afternoon and if they got a shipment in I would have assumed theyd of gotten it by now so I'm hoping for a pick up tomorrow. I do plan on swinging by the ATT store around 6a to see how the line is. If its not terrible than I'll wait but if theres 30 ppl than I'll just wait a bit longer in hopes of getting that email.

5. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

I am on the list at Bridgestreet in Huntsville, AL. My mom wants one after she saw mine. :)

They didn't have a time frame for me other than 3 weeks, just like the website says.

Not sure if we are going to get it any faster that way.

6. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

I just find it hard to believe that Apple wouldn't stock their stores for 3 weeks. Seems inconcievable to me. Which is why I'm hoping to get the email soon. If I dont get one by fri than I'll probably just order online and wait it out.

7. kbeeg macrumors newbie

I was unable to get through the technical issues on the 15th and pre-order. Due to travel I was finally able to order online and have the July 14th Ship date. I am ALSO now on the priority list for the Apple Store in OKC as of Saturday morning. I received emails from that Apple Store confirming being on the list. I will cancel my online order if I can get from the Apple Store this week.

8. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

I'm on Belfasts priority list... I'd say they wi be restocked this week of the phone

9. SeniorGato1 macrumors regular

Placed my reservation order with the Apple store (orland pk IL), right when they opened on 10AM on Friday & recieved my confirmation about 30 min later. Hopefully I'm at the top of the list. Still waiting for a call.

Although reading about these reception issues gives me some time to see how it plays out prior to getting my phone.

I've learned my lesson with being a 1st gen apple adopter. Iphone 2G had numerous issues when it came out and a ton of firmware updates. The 3G introduced bluetooth static in my car. It took about 3 months for a firmware update to resolve. In the meantime Apple was blaming Toyota & vice versa.

The iphone 4 with a combination of new hardware and software presents an increased risk of potential problems.

10. camel517 macrumors member

Got on the list at 10:46 AM on Thursday, June 24th. There was a lot of people in front of me, though.

The apple guy who was putting people on the list said either monday, tuesday, or wednesday.

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I didn't know about the list until Saturday night, so I added my name onto the list and received a confirmation email afterwards, if you didn't receive a confirmation email, you're not going to receive another email since the rep probably copied your info incorrectly. I'm expecting a new shipment of iPhone 4's during the beginning of the week, but I'm not sure how many people are on the priority list.

12. JediJuggler macrumors newbie

I got put on the priority list on the 24th and didn't get a confirmation e-mail. Does that mean I'm somehow not on the list? I figured I'd just wait until I saw an e-mail from them saying they'd got a delivery but...

EDIT: Called the store. They must have got my information wrong and when I asked if I could check to see if they had gotten my information wrong they said "No, would you like me to add you to the list again?" So now I'm at the very end of the list... As someone who has been supporting them throughout all this and defending them, I'm disappointed in how I was treated when I called in. Ah well, such is life.

13. d.shorty1 macrumors member

checked my reservation through the apple store app, mine will be available on January 1, 2050.

EDIT: 2050 is not a typo, lol.

14. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Cool! It looks like you're getting the iPhone 40 about seven months early.

15. davechen macrumors member

I got on the list Thursday morning around 9:20. Still waiting to hear from Apple about more inventory. Maybe tomorrow? Please?

16. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I got on the Crabtree Valley list this morning. I plan to hit AT&T tomorrow morning, but I'm not optimistic. I also tried Southpoint Apple store this afternoon with no luck as well as Best Buy, Best Buy Mobile and Wal-Mart. I'm amazed - with everyone complaining about poor reception, you'd think there would be plenty of phones available.

I did learn one lesson from all this - in the future, I will pre-order.

17. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

how did you check your reservation? i dont have an iPhone but ill d/l this app for my itouch and use wifi to use it if it allows you to check the status of a reservation.

18. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

You really can't check the status with the app. For some users, their reservation will show show up, for some it doesn't (like me). The system isn't made to show a date, it's only updated when the Apple Store gets stock, so you won't get a real date (which somebody already mentioned).

19. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

oh I see. Is the app usually pretty good with updating when the store gets inventory in? I know Best Buy online is usually dead on whenever I check it for stock of items I'm looking for. How quick is the app store app to updating an Apple Store's inventory.

20. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The app doesn't update when the Apple Store gets iPhone 4's available. It only lists the reservation with the date that you would set it to. Since you don't set the date yourself and are waiting on stock, the app is useless for this.

21. Nckcard macrumors regular

I got on the list around 2:00 sunday at the Shadyside store in Pittsburgh, PA. I called the store and asked when I should expect to get one, but they apple employee did not know. I'm hoping to get one this week.

22. zinka macrumors regular

Anyone know when the list opened up in the first place? I got on on Saturday afternoon -- was that the first day of the list?

23. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I heard it started Friday but i'm not sure on a time.

24. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Some say they joined on Thursday, which sounds perfectly reasonable. It likely started on Thursday since reserves before that were launch day pre-orders, which ended quickly.

25. theo871 macrumors newbie

I called my Apple Store and was added to the priority list on Thursday afternoon. They really had no idea when they would receive another shipment, but I have my fingers crossed that it will happen sometime this week.