Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Is there any sense or knowledge of whether Apple Stores will have any stock on series 2 watches tomorrow? I want the aluminum sport model and hoping to buy in store tomorrow when they open.

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
In the same boat... there will be stock shipped from what I hear but no one knows how much. One thing that we have on our side is that most won't be as interested this year as they would have been for the iPhone (which there will be many disappointed people when they find out there is no stock at all for those).

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I would imagine so. The real uestion is what sort of line you'd be required to stand in. I am still on the fence on whether I should wait for my order or try and grab one.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
In the same boat... there will be stock shipped from what I hear but no one knows how much. One thing that we have on our side is that most won't be as interested this year as they would have been for the iPhone (which there will be many disappointed people when they find out there is no stock at all for those).

My iPhone 7 is being delivered by UPS tomorrow and I'm debating whether to change it to hold for pickup at the hub so that I can go to the Apple Store when it opens.

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I'm interested, as well. I have an appointment to get my iPhone tomorrow at 11, but I was going to check online to see if the AW I want is available for pick up before I go.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I was wondering about this as well. They've announced that there won't be any iPhone 7 Plus or iPhone 7 in Jet Black for walk ins tomorrow, but I wonder what Watch stock will be like.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
I went to my local one this afternoon and they said they had got stock in but weren't allowed to say what. But they seemed to think that if you got there early enough you should probably get one. They said they don't think the watch will be where the demand is tomorrow.

Reactions: profets

DizzyV6P

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
90% of the people tomorrow will be looking for the iPhone 7 :) I'm gonna stop by in the afternoon to see the watches. Should be plenty in stock.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
90% of the people tomorrow will be looking for the iPhone 7 :) I'm gonna stop by in the afternoon to see the watches. Should be plenty in stock.
I suppose there will be some available, but I doubt there will be plenty as online retailers are already issuing emails to inform customers of the lack of stock. My guess is that 38mm Aluminium is the most likely to be available, or the very expensive options (stainless steel link band)

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Is there any sense or knowledge of whether Apple Stores will have any stock on series 2 watches tomorrow? I want the aluminum sport model and hoping to buy in store tomorrow when they open.
How desperate would I have to be to go to an Apple Store on iPhone launch day? Especially when things slow to crawl because of activation server issues. That's the question you should answer first.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
So there's a 3-5 week backlog for EVERY model of Series 2 Apple Watch and there "should be plenty in stock" tomorrow? I think if I ordered online and could save myself a 3-5 week wait, there would be a gazillion cancellations on online orders. My layman's prediction is that supplies for all the launch items will be pretty tight tomorrow.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I'm hoping to walk-in and buy one tomorrow. I ending up selling my v1, so I'm hoping I have more luck this time around. Not buying expensive bands and metals this time around—I learned my lesson.

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
I'm hoping to walk-in and buy one tomorrow. I ending up selling my v1, so I'm hoping I have more luck this time around. Not buying expensive bands and metals this time around—I learned my lesson.
I'm torn between the aluminum and the stainless steel. What was your v1?

dleavy

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
Arrived at the mall to wait in line (store is outside) and was promptly told to leave the premises until 5:30a. No one allowed to queue until then. I've not had any trouble queuing for a few other releases in the past.

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
Neither Charlotte, NC store has an 42 MM stainless steel in stock this morning. That's crazy to me. Between the upgrade debacle and now this, this is easily the worst launch in general in years.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
Crappy launch. Really awful that there's no way to determine stock AND that all the staff/stores are so woefully uninformed. I visited all 3 Tokyo stores before the 8am opening this morning and none could tell me anything about the edition stock. The Apple Watch only store in shinjuku did a stupid appointment lottery system and subsequently wouldn't even allow us in to see the edition in person and they're going to continue this system for the next 48 hours

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Very little watch stock at altamonte springs, Florida. I got there at 6 and was maybe 50 people back, by the time they got to me after telling everyone that they had no pluses I was about 20 people back. And apparently I was the first who asked about a watch at all because the guy helping me had to run back and ask about their watch stock. They had no SS at all. No silver aluminum at all, one or two gold aluminum and some space grey aluminum. Unfortunately I left empty handed

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Showed up at my local Apple Store at 7:50 AM and was told by an Apple employee they couldn't sell the watches until 10 AM. If they are going to sell the phones they should sell the watches too. I'm not a happy camper.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Neither Charlotte, NC store has an 42 MM stainless steel in stock this morning. That's crazy to me. Between the upgrade debacle and now this, this is easily the worst launch in general in years.
I think the first launch in April - 2015 was the worst by far. Stupid appointments and viewing sessions, super long delays, defective haptic touch, etc.

I'm not understanding Apples new logic with low supplies. They want to make people wait versus having inventory.

Reactions: profets
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.