Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On the first trading day of 2011, Apple's stock has jumped to a new high and broken through yet another psychological milestone by pushing past $300 billion in market capitalization. AAPL stock currently sits at nearly $330 per share with a market cap of over $302 billion.

110350-aapl_300_billion.jpg

Apple set a series of market cap milestones last year, passing $200 billion in early March, leapfrogging Wal-Mart just a few days later, and passing Microsoft in late May to become the second largest U.S. company by market capitalization behind Exxon Mobil. Apple continues to trail Exxon Mobil, which also had a strong performance in the latter half of 2010 and currently sits at a market cap of about $368 billion.

Article Link: Apple Surpasses $300 Billion in Market Capitalization

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Congrats to Apple, and lol to all the people who said Apple will never be worth more than Microsoft :)

johnnymg

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Big congrats to Apple and BIG cograts to those of us who have invested in aapl.

cheers to the longs
JohnG

bitWrangler

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
Personally I think that now would be a good time for Steve to liquidate the company and distribute the funds to the shareholders, that would be the best course for Apple.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
I love Apple, but the alarm clock thing is slightly ridiculous.

Nope, that's merely software development. Bugs occur.

Congrats, Apple. The haters say you can't do anything right. But the people who literally bet their money on you say you can hardly do anything wrong.

jp102235

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
western us
Personally I think that now would be a good time for Steve to liquidate the company and distribute the funds to the shareholders, that would be the best course for Apple.

ha ha, but who has the $$$ to buy AAPL? maybe exxon-mobil-apple, but that name just sounds ridiculous.
j

Jun 24, 2004

It would be great for shareholders to see the share price plummet and have Jobs forced out of the company for even suggesting that.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I got in at $324 last week. This news makes me happy, though I often do wonder how much higher it will go. The market is a risk but Apple has been doing well enough that I feel even if things tank I can't lose all that much.

Not that I invested a whole lot. It's just playtime for now. :)

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Nope, that's merely software development. Bugs occur.

Congrats, Apple. The haters say you can't do anything right. But the people who literally bet their money on you say you can hardly do anything wrong.

Excuse me? This has been a bug for years... Every year. iCal has never failed to fail at any time change...

Jun 24, 2004
I got in at $324 last week. This news makes me happy, though I often do wonder how much higher it will go. The market is a risk but Apple has been doing well enough that I feel even if things tank I can't lose all that much.

Not that I invested a whole lot. It's just playtime for now. :)

Do you know when they will announce their Q4 earning for 2010 ?

Aatos.1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
I bet the farm on Apple in 1996, bought a massive number of shares when the price was $24.19.

Then I just kept pumping money in because my broker and I, as well as many others had a good feeling about it. Today I'm very glad I did. Long term investing is something that many fail to subscribe to.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I bet the farm on Apple in 1996, bought a massive number of shares when the price was $24.19.

Then I just kept pumping money in because my broker and I, as well as many others had a good feeling about it. Today I'm very glad I did. Long term investing is something that many fail to subscribe to.

You were lucky. I don't recommend that ANYONE put all their money into Apple, or any other company. Diversify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.