Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple and Madonna have teamed up to launch new Today at Apple Music Lab classes where attendees will go hands-on with Crave, a track from Madonna's latest album, and will be able to remix it.

The Today at Apple session will also walk students through deconstructing the song, and there will be details on what inspired her.

musiclabmadonna-800x562.jpg
Go behind the making of a hit song featuring your favorite Apple Music artists in this series of Music Lab: Remix sessions. Exclusively in Apple Stores, you'll get hands-on with a track direct from the artist. In this session, you'll deconstruct Madonna's song Crave, find out what inspired her, and create your own version of the song using GarageBand on iPhone. Devices will be provided.
Madonna shared the news on her Twitter account this morning, and Today at Apple classes for the Music Lab: Remix Madonna are now available. Attendees can book starting now, with classes kicking off a bit later in June.

The Remix Madonna classes are available at Apple Stores in the United States as well as other Apple retail locations around the world.

Apple has also teamed up with other well-known musicians to create Today at Apple Music Lab curricula. There's a Beat Making class co-created with Swizz Beatz, for example.

Article Link: Apple Teams Up With Madonna for Today at Apple Music Lab Classes

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
For a real challenge they should offer the option to remix her Eurovision performance. A fully spec'ed Mac Pro to the first person to make it listenable :)

They already tried! I went to watch it on YouTube the next day to remind myself if it was as terrible as I remember and there were frequent autotune squeaks to make the melodies slightly in tune.

It still sounds like crap despite the vocal correction.

UnusedLoginID

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
Another training session for the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of us even remotely interested. I guess that makes about 200 people in the US which means there will be one attendee at half the sessions at the Apple Store.
I thought Angela was no longer here! When are they going to stop the madness? (Deidre, I’m looking at you!)
How about teaching people how to use the damn iPhone or iPad or Watch or Mac?!?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
If she went on tour, she’d sell out every major city.

Unlike the others I say she was/is still relevant, but hopefully she will do a (MUCH) better job than her performance on the Eurosongfestival, any singer in that contest did far better than she did.
Maybe it was just a fluke, not feeling well or she's (Her voice) getting too old, but hat of for a what..60 year old.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
The blatant misogyny on this forum is absolutely appalling almost any time a woman is mentioned. It's utterly laughable that there are comments about Angela Ahrendts (two so far) when she wasn't mentioned whatsoever in the article (and the irony of people saying "If I criticize Ahrendts I'm immediately labelled as a misogynist!!!!!!!!!" isn't lost on me after threads like this).

This is a free session presented by Apple featuring music by a pop legend (whose tour is sold out and album at number 1, as indicated above, for those of you doubting her relevance).
If you don't like it, avoid buying your lightning cable that day and scroll on.

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
Does she still like to touch her. Nevermind...

You're in your sixties. Sheesh...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.