Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael D

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
I hope he accepts and is healthy enough to go. If he accepts, I sense a trip to Vegas in the near future... :)

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2005
I have been going to CES every year for the last 8 years or so... and I will definitely be there again in January!

Michael Belisle

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
College Station, TX, USA
In some ways, I have mixed feelings about Apple at CES. At Macworld, they were the star. At CES, they're going to be one company (with a high profile, granted) amongst many.

But our little Apple is all grown up now. *sniff* There comes a time when all consumer companies, even Apple, must leave the nest and venture off to make their mark on the big, wide world.

Michael Belisle

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
College Station, TX, USA
I think it'd be interesting to see how Steve would handle a keynote that's not being given to a self-selected but certifiably pro-Apple audience. You know, like to people at CES to whom "one more thing" is just another phrase.

I suspect for this reason he might not do it. Why subject himself to the unrestrained criticism of the masses at large?

Does he really want to have equal billing with someone like Ballmer? I don't see why he'd want to, assuming that he still believes that "the problem with Microsoft is that they have no taste. They have no taste and I don't mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way."

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I REALLY wanna go to CES now! :D

This will be interesting though.

So if Steve does give the keynote, would it be like at normal Apple events with product announcements or would it just be some generic tech speech???

I think Apple can do whatever they want as a company. Who cares if they left MacWorld, ya it sucks for them, but if this makes more sense business wise then do it!

thevofl

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
MacWorld

Can someone tell me why MacWorld needs to be in January? If they want Apple participation, how about having MacWorld in September, when Apple would use them as a venue for their fall lineup?

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
I REALLY wanna go to CES now! :D

This will be interesting though.

So if Steve does give the keynote, would it be like at normal Apple events with product announcements or would it just be some generic tech speech???

I think Apple can do whatever they want as a company. Who cares if they left MacWorld, ya it sucks for them, but if this makes more sense business wise then do it!

It should be like a normal event and announce new products.

Can someone tell me why MacWorld needs to be in January? If they want Apple participation, how about having MacWorld in September, when Apple would use them as a venue for their fall lineup?

Macworld isn't just about Apple.

Given the TMZ photo today, I doubt Jobs would want to put himself in a position for all to question his health one more time if he doesn't gain weight between now and January 2010.

The TMZ photo:
211119-0729_steve_ex_400.jpg

Whoa, so Steve and Johnny Ive are just walking in the street without guards or anything... wow

heisetax

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2004
Omaha, NE
How about Apple?

But MacWorld would fare much better with an active Apple presence.

Apple would fare better if they attended Mac World. Its not like Apple showing new products at a non-Apple show. Remember that Steve Jobs says they don't want to have to wait for a computer show to make product announcements.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Does he really want to have equal billing with someone like Ballmer?

Ballmer would probably mistake Jobs for a churro and start gnawing on him. :D

Actually, a Jobs/Ballmer contrast would make Ballmer look ever more like the loudmouthed buffoon that he is.

talkingfuture

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2008
The back of beyond.
I would love to see Steve Jobs do a keynote there, upstaging Ballmer by dropping some insanely great revolutionary game changing product.

At the moment though I think it is pure rumour, Engadget seem convinced it won't happen.

littledude8209

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
great...

so now the only chance of a tablet by the "holiday shopping season" is for them to introduce the tablet alongside an ipod refresh....?

so it's either they ARE making a huge ipod touch, in which case my response is "EW"

or they are making a full tablet with snow leopard and we have to wait until next year!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.