Apple to Launch iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in 36 Additional Countries During October

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 13, 2014.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Ahead of Apple's Chinese launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus later this week, Apple today confirmed the launch of its new handset models in 36 additional countries and territories by the end of October. In its fastest rollout ever, Apple expects to launch the iPhone in 115 countries by the end of the year.

[​IMG]
    The next round of launches coming this month will include countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
    Apple has been busy with new products this fall in a product lineup that has been described by Eddy Cue as being "the best product pipeline that I've seen in my 25 years at Apple." Apple already announced the new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple watch at a press event held last month. An upcoming October event is expected to unveil new iPad models, new iMacs and possibly new Mac minis.

Article Link: Apple to Launch iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in 36 Additional Countries During October

2. rdlink, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014

rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

Damn. Missed opportunity. I could have stood in line and bought some black market units to sell in Mexico City. ;)

3. Oblivious.Robot macrumors 6502a

Oblivious.Robot

iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, I still haven't decided yet. :confused:

Wish they had 32Gb base model, now instead have to spend more for 64Gb.
    Seriously what fits in a 16Gb version anymore? Greedy much :apple: ?

4. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Looks like world domination to me.

Except that I have friends in Canada that still haven't received their Plus yet...

5. Supermule, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

Supermule macrumors regular

Supermule

6. davew41 macrumors member

I guess when you let them fly off the assembly line full of bugs its easy to get millions out....

Apple needs to focus on quality not quantity, Glad I still held onto my 5s...

maybe they will get it right with the iphone 6s ???

7. hovercast macrumors member

As long as you use your phone for only phone calls you should be fine with 16gb

8. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

And yet stock of *ANY* iPhone 6+ is totally nonexistent.

From looking at stock levels in istocknow, this could be one of the worst managed launches Apple has ever done. And there are how many threads with people whining about their iPhones taking so long to arrive?

9. apparatchik macrumors member

If they count Reunión Island as an "aditional country" no wonder how they get to 115 countries "fastest roll out" yet, whats the allotment for Reunión? 15 phones?

As always I expect Mexico to be severely supply restricted well into the holiday season, last year I was just able to buy the space gray 32GB unlocked 5S I wanted until January. Despite looking literally everywhere, as I was travelling abroad for Christmas and needed the phone to stay connected. :confused:

10. phenoplastic macrumors member

It's already hard enough to find the 64Gb Black anywhere in the UK, now the shortages will get worse...

11. six2pel macrumors newbie

Great to know as I'm still waiting on my 6+.......:(

12. deviant macrumors 65816

That is just plain stupid. I have my whole iTunes match library, (10000 songs) A LOT of photos in the cloud, around 80 apps and still 5gb free.

13. ghost187 macrumors 6502a

ghost187

There is absolutely no chance supply meets demand by the end of the year world wide. In January earnings report we will know how many phones Apple was able to produce.

14. sunapple macrumors 68000

sunapple

All these posts about people who are still waiting for the 6 make me feel like I haven't wasted an hour and a half standing in line. Three weeks ago. :p

15. CoolFLBeaches macrumors newbie

Really?

Launches to all these countries when yesterday I get another email that my shipment dates have yet been moved back once again. Our 6 and 6 plus have been on order for weeks and we won't even get ours until after all the scheduled launches. The 6 plus is scheduled for the end of Nov for shipment.:(

16. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Other generation iPhones were 300 for the 32GB.. it's now 300 for 64GB. I agree Apple should ditch the whole 16GB but 64GB for an extra 100 isn't bad.

17. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

Why should they ??

Apart from China Apple won't able to sell 1 day's production in any of the countries listed.

On the other hand one should expect production to be really ramped up by now and focussed on the most popular models/configs.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sure, but that's not what OP said. He said if you use your phone as a phone, 16GB is OK. I think he was being sarcastic since Apple doesn't market the iPhone as "just" a phone and people don't buy iPhones to use solely as a phone.

19. edenbensal macrumors regular

fianlly coming to ISRAEL in the third wave!!!

20. Meandmunch macrumors 6502

And this is why despite placing my order day one, I don't have my iPhone 6 PLUS yet.

21. I Am Designer™, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

I Am Designer™ macrumors regular

'Worst...' Really?! Just because you don't have your phone yet doesnt make the biggest ever roll out the worst roll out!

I wish my company could sell out of all it's stock at a massive profit margin and then sell every single new item as it litterally comes off the production line!!

At the rate these things are selling they would have had to have started stockpiling them months and months ago. Which means they would have leaked horrendously, and they would have been stockpiling massive amounts of inventory which is never good.

There was a story years ago about Tim Cook bringing just in time inventory to Apple, they hold very little warehouse stock and this is a good thing for Apple as a business, in fact for just about any manufacturing business.

22. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

Hopefully scalpers can finally stop buying up all the stock from people who actually want to buy and use them in the US. :rolleyes:

23. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I really really really want to know the sales numbers for Monaco! :p

24. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

This is exactly why Apple's iPhone asp will be massively up this year.

25. Freida macrumors 68000

Don't be an ignorant. Grandma won't use the iPhone the same way as you so there are still people that 16GB is plenty!
    Also, its good that the next step is 64GB as we essentially get 32gb for free!
    I think its win-win situation for everyone and clever move from Apple