Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
I have changed my WiFi password and Apple TV 4 keep remembering old password and I went settings app and network and pick current network then forget this network and it just keep spinning spinning doing nothing. I tried pull power plug off and back in and still no different. I need Apple TV connect new WiFi password cos it my HomeKit hub for my lights. I can’t use automation or away from home until network sorted.

I run out ideas what do next without reset whole Apple TV 4 cos it means reset HomeKit too! :(

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Thankfully after work I just restart Apple TV and it finally asked WiFi password. No idea why it didn’t do that first place in morning before work!

robertmorris2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
Key West
I have changed my WiFi password and Apple TV 4 keep remembering old password and I went settings app and network and pick current network then forget this network and it just keep spinning spinning doing nothing. I tried pull power plug off and back in and still no different. I need Apple TV connect new WiFi password cos it my HomeKit hub for my lights. I can’t use automation or away from home until network sorted.

I run out ideas what do next without reset whole Apple TV 4 cos it means reset HomeKit too! :(
SAME thing happened to me. Had to reset.

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I didn’t want do reset cos means HomeKit need be set up again but I got lucky in end with restart solved it for me in end.
Homekit data seems to be in a local "cloud" (although maybe it is really in iCloud) and it does not seem to be stored on any one device so you might not need to set it up again.
Unfortunately Apple's support for Homekit is woeful. They don't even have a dedicated Community for Homekit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.