Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that it is increasing the prices of some of its subscription-based services, including Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+, for new and existing subscribers in the U.S. and many other countries around the world.

Apple-TV-Arcade-and-News-Price-Increase-Feature-2.jpg

The price changes in the U.S. are as follows:
  • Apple TV+: $6.99 per month → $9.99 per month
  • Apple Arcade: $4.99 per month → $6.99 per month
  • Apple News+: $9.99 per month → $12.99 per month
For those who subscribe to Apple TV+ on an annual basis, the price has increased from $69 per year to $99 per year accordingly.

Prices for the Apple One bundles that include these services are also increasing as a result:
  • Individual: $16.95 per month → $19.95 per month
  • Family: $22.95 per month → $25.95 per month
  • Premier: $32.95 per month → $37.95 per month
The price increases take effect immediately for new subscribers, and in 30 days from today for existing subscribers, on their next renewal date after that grace period. Apple should send out emails to existing subscribers notifying them about the changes over time, as it did following price increases to some services last year.

In the U.S., these are the first-ever price increases for Apple Arcade and Apple News+ since the services launched in November 2019, while Apple TV+ had its first price increase from $4.99 per month to $6.99 per month in October 2022.

In a statement shared with MacRumors, Apple said it is "focused on delivering the best experiences possible for our customers by consistently adding high-quality entertainment, content, and innovative features to our services."

There are no price increases for Apple Music and Apple Fitness+ today.

Article Link: Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+ Receiving Price Increases

Last edited:

Kissmo1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2021
Maybe what's "scary fast" is how quickly these things are getting more expensive :)
I might be agreeing with you.
I have the cloud whatever one plus subscription.... is called....
The only thing worth there is the Cloud family storage and the Apple TV.
Arcade is a joke (but I don't play on iPhone or iPad) and news is useless in EU.

If they increase this sub again - I won't care, will cancel immediately - exactly on US Halloween.
Hopefully apple users will scare Tim back with such initiatives....

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
next will be Apple Music voice plan with siri. £4.99 here. £10.99 for non gimped AM. I can see it going to about £7.

Reactions: haruhiko
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.