Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
I’ve been canceling streaming services. Starz, gone. Max, gone. Netflix, from highest tier to cheapest. Looks like Apple TV may be next.

Unless a streamer is offering an amazing deal, it’s a hard no. Between mostly free outdoor activities, travel, books, UTube, Rumble, each year we find less reason to stick with the major “platforms.”

Queues

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2020
Yeesh, these are steep increases compared the the previous $1/month ones. Just checked and Costco seems to no longer be selling the yearly Apple Arcade subscription either.
I noticed about a week ago that they weren’t selling the Apple TV+ subscriptions too. I was just about to buy one, sad.

• Sad
Reactions: frumpywumpy

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I can’t believe anyone pays for news or apple . Those are silly services with almost no value. Apple TV has gotten better but there’s still only a few things worth watching. It’s not a new good show every week like Netflix. Everyone i know who uses it does so cus they get it free…. And you’ll never convince an android person to signup

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I might be agreeing with you.
I have the cloud whatever one plus subscription.... is called....
The only thing worth there is the Cloud family storage and the Apple TV.
Arcade is a joke (but I don't play on iPhone or iPad) and news is useless in EU.

If they increase this sub again - I won't care, will cancel immediately - exactly on US Halloween.
Hopefully apple users will scare Tim back with such initiatives....
I have the Apple One subscription too, with the 2TB iCloud storage, shared with my family. The storage part we truly need. I use Apple Music and TV+ a lot, but the rest of it could probably go. Thing is, the way the bundle works, I think I'd be paying more for the services we use à la carte, even though we never touch Fitness or Arcade.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
Slow incremental price increases is why services is so profitable. But a second increase this year may well have boiled the frog for me. I barely use arcade. I like but don’t need news and AppleTV isn’t worth $10 to me. I do need the 2TB iCloud Drive but can get that separately. I like music but have Google music for $7.99.

ugh Apple. Come on.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
I have the Apple One subscription too, with the 2TB iCloud storage, shared with my family. The storage part we truly need. I use Apple Music and TV+ a lot, but the rest of it could probably go. Thing is, the way the bundle works, I think I'd be paying more for the services we use à la carte, even though we never touch Fitness or Arcade.
Which is why Apple should want to push more people towards the bundle, I bet the majority pay for services they don't use. If Apple One remained the same price, I guarantee there'd be people upgrading to it.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
TV+ was just increased a year ago from 6 to 8$ in my country. I just quickly renewed for a year to get the old price. I don`t think I will do that again now as I did not watch a lot at the moment.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
Pretty substantial increases

I think I should do a check on all my subscription services including Non Apple and start slashing a bit

It made sense during Covid but now I’m actually playing games more than watching tv

I think I’ll start rotating them every 3-4 months or so

frumpywumpy

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Yeesh, these are steep increases compared the the previous $1/month ones. Just checked and Costco seems to no longer be selling the yearly Apple Arcade subscription either.
Yup, I just checked too ... and I was about to renew next month ... o well, saved myself some more money I suppose.

Reactions: TMax

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I have been looking at Apple One for my family but 37 is pricy.

My main needs are
Apple music
2TB iCloud

Apple TV, News, Arcade etc are ok, I cant remember the last thing I saw on Apple TV other than the snoopy show. Never tried the Arcade or the News, or the fitness thing.

If they sold a year bundle at a discount I would be interested.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
I was going to rush to Costco.com to buy another year of News+ at the discounted yearly subscription they sold....but it's already been pulled. I guess I'll just let my current subscription run out. I kind of like the access to different sources and the audio articles are perfect for falling asleep to.

Reactions: frumpywumpy

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
I tried Arcade and was disappointed massively...

Are the price increases the result of increased costs.. or just jumping on the bandwagon with the other service providers...

Content and functionality is now spread over numerous different companies and services.. its getting spread thin and prices keep going up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.