Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
It seems Apple TV+ is growing, after a slow start.
As an Apple fan, I'm happy.
I recently started my one year trial, and I already have a couple of cool series I want to watch.

Reactions: ErikGrim

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
Cant wait for all the “who is he?” And “her music is terrible” comments about to appear by people who don’t know or listen to new music. ?

for the record, Billie Eillish is awesome.

Ok. Because you think she’s awesome you know music? Musical taste is highly subjective. And thereby your logic is highly flawed. Your statement speaks against your point. Will a “boomer” drop be next?

As far as the topic. Cool. Apple has done things on the Beastie Boys. Obviously people enjoy her stuff. Cool. Not my thing and bashing on either opinion amplifies the sometimes toxic nature of the internet. Negativity and if you don’t agree with my opinion you “know nothing” remarks.

Reactions: Cycom and Huck

cliveren13

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2009
To each his own my 20 something daughter didn't watch it my son doesn't like her he's into rap and heavy metal so thats that life goes on.

Reactions: HarryWild

MacFabulous

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
Trust me. It was NOT "made by her" Her brother did everything. Music, writing and I'm sure a lot of babysitting. I believe that without her brother, Billie Ellish would be working the mid shift at McDonalds.
Trust me. I’ve seen other documentary work following their process, and It’s QUITE OBVIOUS that they BOTH have talent! It’s like ping-pong. You know... back and forth. They lean on each other! Her brother really should get more credit, but DONT take her out of the equation! She’s a big part of the creative process! If you insist then you’re truly uninformed!

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Trust me. It was NOT "made by her" Her brother did everything. Music, writing and I'm sure a lot of babysitting. I believe that without her brother, Billie Ellish would be working the mid shift at McDonalds.
That is incorrect. Whilst they work as a team, and Finneas does the production she does write all of her songs (albeit reluctantly if you watch the doc). She also directs all her own music videos, which have won tons of awards in their own right. She has full creative control of her career, which is very impressive for someone in her position and so young.

Reactions: MacFabulous

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Ok. Because you think she’s awesome you know music? Musical taste is highly subjective. And thereby your logic is highly flawed. Your statement speaks against your point. Will a “boomer” drop be next?

As far as the topic. Cool. Apple has done things on the Beastie Boys. Obviously people enjoy her stuff. Cool. Not my thing and bashing on either opinion amplifies the sometimes toxic nature of the internet. Negativity and if you don’t agree with my opinion you “know nothing” remarks.

That post was literally bashing the toxic nature of the internet. Which is pretty spot on considering some of the drivel in this thread.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
That post was literally bashing the toxic nature of the internet. Which is pretty spot on considering some of the drivel in this thread.

Right there is a lot of drivel. My point was he was also doing the same thing. Either way. More content in Apple TV is good. I’ll watch it even though I’m not a fan. I enjoyed the Beastie Boys one probably because it was big when I was growing up.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2008
Cant wait for all the “who is he?” And “her music is terrible” comments about to appear by people who don’t know or listen to new music. ?

for the record, Billie Eillish is awesome.

Yep, these negative Nancies always come out on posts about ANY celebrity on here.

"OMG ew Billie, this new music is garbage! Listen to Pink Floyd and The Beatles (aka real music)"

So pathetic and cliche!

Reactions: ErikGrim and steevn

khunsanook

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2006
East Asia
I’m not a big fan of her music, but she and her brother are a brilliant song-writing pair. The doc is also a nice look at what a solid, supportive family she has.

steevn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2016

No, I know music for different reasons. It’s funny you are more offended by someone calling out the toxicity of the comments than the people who literally did exactly what I was talking about. But this is the world we live in.

Just think of all the positivity you could have been posting instead of trying to flip this around on me lol and then having to talk about it with other posters on top of that! ??

Last edited:
Reactions: mnsportsgeek

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Yeah I mean look at what happened to Britney, the media ruined her. Hell, even the British media had a roll in Princess Diana’s death. These people lose any right to privacy, and I disagree with the “well this is the life they signed up for” notion, there needs to be boundaries. I worry about these young celebrities sometimes.

A large part of the bad outcomes of famous people are likely due to the stalking and fear of the public. A fear that is not unjustified. People that don't have lives of their own seek to siphon off the lives of others. It's sick, and tragic.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Right there is a lot of drivel. My point was he was also doing the same thing. Either way. More content in Apple TV is good. I’ll watch it even though I’m not a fan. I enjoyed the Beastie Boys one probably because it was big when I was growing up.

There is a distinct difference between the trolls in this thread and the post you originally replied to. The people who make fun of her body, looks, fashion, and trolls who's opinion is that "her music is terrible" without any original thought deserve to be put on blast.

Nobody is saying these losers can't continue to like Dave Grohl and Chad Kroeger.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
No, I know music for different reasons. It’s funny you are more offended by someone calling out the toxicity of the comments than the people who literally did exactly what I was talking about. But this is the world we live in.

Just think of all the positivity you could have been posting instead of trying to flip this around on me lol and then having to talk about it with other posters on top of that! ??
Some people live sad lives.

Flight Plan

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2014
Southeastern US

I think he was more offended by somebody toxically pre-empting all criticism; even legitimate criticism, of which there is plenty to go around.

I see a lot of this these days: Preemptive shaming in an attempt to shut down legitimate discourse; shaming people into not exercising their free speech, by toxically calling speech that doesn't agree with you, "toxic". And then when somebody tries to disagree with your toxic tactics, you ignore them, call them "toxic", or somehow try to dehumanize them.

My finely tuned BullShedOmeter is solidly in the "Quick! Get the Plunger!" range.

It goes from "green" (honest and forthright conversation) to "skid marks" (some suspicious tactics being used), to full-on "Get the plunger brown". In my experience, toxic pre-emption strategies usually telegraph an unwillingness to let somebody else present an opposing viewpoint. Hence the reason we're full brown by this point! ;)

Can't we all just discuss the subject matter without being mean to each other?

• Disagree
Reactions: mnsportsgeek

steevn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2016
I think he was more offended by somebody toxically pre-empting all criticism; even legitimate criticism, of which there is plenty to go around.

I see a lot of this these days: Preemptive shaming in an attempt to shut down legitimate discourse; shaming people into not exercising their free speech, by toxically calling speech that doesn't agree with you, "toxic". And then when somebody tries to disagree with your toxic tactics, you ignore them, call them "toxic", or somehow try to dehumanize them.

My finely tuned BullShedOmeter is solidly in the "Quick! Get the Plunger!" range.

It goes from "green" (honest and forthright conversation) to "skid marks" (some suspicious tactics being used), to full-on "Get the plunger brown". In my experience, toxic pre-emption strategies usually telegraph an unwillingness to let somebody else present an opposing viewpoint. Hence the reason we're full brown by this point! ;)

Can't we all just discuss the subject matter without being mean to each other?
Lol, that’s one way to see it. The comments from people referring to her as a he, body shaming, lying about age, and only successful because of their sibling is hardly criticism or infringing on free speech.

The craziest part is everyone probably pictures me as some teen big Billie Eillish fan, which is not the case at all.

What you are saying is that it’s completely fine for someone to do all of these things, say whatever they want about anyone with no shame, but how dare someone call it out ahead of time. Literally the first two comments after mine were exactly what I referred to, and neither of them were being sarcastic.

I would say your BullShedOmeter doesn’t have a setting to read those type of things, because it’s common to let everyone slide, then place blame on the victim or subject instead of go after the root cause, but I don’t want to dehumanize you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.