Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple TV+ show "Physical," starring Rose Byrne, has been renewed for a second season, reports Deadline. The dark comedy, whose season one finale airs Friday, sees Byrne take the role of Sheila, a distressed housewife in the 1980s who transforms into an aerobics video star while her husband runs for political office.

physical-tv-show.jpg
"We couldn't be more proud to showcase Annie Weisman's singular take on this darkly funny, heartbreaking and bold story," said Michelle Lee, Director of Domestic Programming at Apple TV+. "And then we got to watch Rose Byrne inhabit this incredible, multi-layered character, giving us an unforgettable tour de force performance. We have been thrilled to see audiences around the world fall in love and feel seen by this show and we can't wait for everyone to experience the next chapter in Sheila's journey towards personal empowerment."
"Physical" was created by Annie Weisman, who has worked on shows like "About a Boy," "Suburgatory," "I Feel Bad," and "Desperate Housewives." The show is directed by "I, Tonya" director Craig Gillepsie, as well as Liza Johnson and Stephanie Laing.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Dark Comedy 'Physical' Renewed for Second Season

Reactions: alfonsog

orderoftheditch

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2021
Apple TV is just terrible. The Android TV app suffers from severe video glitching making everything literally unwatchable on the most important screen for video content.
I even had to side load the app despite having Sony's most expensive TV from 2018 and running the latest version of Android TV.
The Apple TV app pales in comparison to Disney Plus.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Has Apple canceled a show yet?

Edit: I see Little Voice was the first and only

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Huck

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Apple TV is just terrible. The Android TV app suffers from severe video glitching making everything literally unwatchable on the most important screen for video content.
I even had to side load the app despite having Sony's most expensive TV from 2018 and running the latest version of Android TV.
The Apple TV app pales in comparison to Disney Plus.
no issues with the Apple+ app on my shield (android device). This sounds like an issue with your built in TV app, which isn't that uncommon.

Reactions: SFjohn

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I was interested in this series. Started watching the first episode and turned off once the f-bombs started to drop. I don’t get it. Is there some sort of quota I’m not privy to? Do the writers think this is the pinnacle of communication?

While I have not seen this show, language is generally a reflection of the characters the actors are portraying. Very few shows drop F bombs just to drop them.

Sam Squanch

macrumors regular
May 10, 2018
I enjoyed this show a lot. Apple is killing it with their comedies.
It didn't appear to be a show I'd have any interest in if you went by the premise, but it gave off a "Glow" vibe so I thought I'd give it a chance. Even though it is nothing like Glow, it has thus so far been enjoyable. Haven't finished it yet (waited for all episodes to drop) but so far so good.

Sam Squanch

macrumors regular
May 10, 2018
I was interested in this series. Started watching the first episode and turned off once the f-bombs started to drop. I don’t get it. Is there some sort of quota I’m not privy to? Do the writers think this is the pinnacle of communication?
In other words this show wasn't for you. I haven't noticed any over use or unwarranted usage, the script seems to call for it based on the character and situation. Then again I'm not offended by profanity if used properly and I do not think this was not used properly or excessive, if anything it helped mold the character.

Also super happy that the early rumours of AppleTV+ being PG13 are not true.

HappySponge

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
My wife was like you really want to watch this? And now every friday she is first on the couch ready to watch this. lol.

I really enjoy it, not sure how to describe it to people other than dark comedy, 80s, subtle humor, and a splash of some magic that is addicting. I would also add each show is short but is packed with great content and no filler. I hope they can sustain this for season 2.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Gah! AGREED! Same with "The Morning Show", Ted Lasso" etc. etc. etc. It's getting so old. Say something different!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.