Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple TV+ today gained over 50 movies, adding to its back catalog of content for a limited time.

apple-tv-plus-banner.jpg

The collection includes a large number of popular and classic titles. Subscribers can access the movies in a "Great Movies on Apple TV+" section in the Apple TV app. Some titles are also available in 3D. Movies in the collection include:

• 21 Jump Street
  • American Sniper
  • Argo
  • Bad Boys
  • Black Hawk Down
  • Captain Phillips
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Con Air
  • Draft Day
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Fight Club
  • Failure to Launch
  • Fast & Furious 6
  • Fast Five
  • Good Burger
  • Gravity
  • Horrible Bosses
  • How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
  • I Am Legend
  • Jurassic World
  • Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
  • Kill Bill Volume 1
  • Kill Bill Volume 2

• Knocked Up
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Mean Girls
  • Men In Black
  • Minority Report
  • Old School
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Spider-Man
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Star Trek
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness
  • Star Trek Beyond
  • The Accountant
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Hurt Locker
  • The Prestige
  • The Proposal
  • The Wolf of Wall Street
  • Titanic
  • Training Day
  • Two Weeks Notice
  • Wyatt Earp
  • Zodiac
  • Zombieland
  • Zoolander

This is not the first time that Apple has added movies from other studios to its video streaming service, but it does seem to be the biggest single addition of a collection of classic movies. The entire "Great Movies on Apple TV+" collection is available for a limited time for subscribers in the United States only.

Ridley Scott's historical action epic "Napoleon" is also now streaming on Apple TV+ following its run in theatres. Unlike the other titles added today, Napoleon is an Apple Original Film and will remain on the platform.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Gains Over 50 Movies for a Limited Time

• Angry
Reactions: Mattewes

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
I’ve pretty much seen them all more than once - or at least all that I have any interest in. So, I probably won’t bother with them. But it’s nice that they’re there for others.

Orange Bat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2021
Suddenly Apple TV+ is becoming one of my go-to streaming services. In the past there were 1 or 2 things that I was interested in, but they have a series of historical dramas and sci-fi coming soon that are right up my alley. If they can start to maintain a regular back catalogue I might cancel other services in favor of Apple.

(I still think it would be a smart investment for Apple to buy a studio, such as Paramount. It would give them an instant back catalogue and a stable of IP that they can exploit in the future. Yes, Apple could be making Star Trek)

kuito

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Apple TV+ needed an infusion of content.. never kept the sub because you watch the one or two things you’re interested in.. then it’s basically worthless to keep.

Hope they keep this up. Original content is cool, but an archive of great movies is better (imo).

StanleyOmar

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2014
Suddenly Apple TV+ is becoming one of my go-to streaming services. In the past there were 1 or 2 things that I was interested in, but they have a series of historical dramas and sci-fi coming soon that are right up my alley. If they can start to maintain a regular back catalogue I might cancel other services in favor of Apple.

(I still think it would be a smart investment for Apple to buy a studio, such as Paramount. It would give them an instant back catalogue and a stable of IP that they can exploit in the future. Yes, Apple could be making Star Trek)
Currently moving into my own place and, of all the streaming services I was previously sharing, Apple TV+ is one of the two I'm absolutely not letting go off. In the last couple years it's been the service I've watched the most, largely on the back of that sci-fi you mentioned.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
Wish I hadn’t seen so many movies in my earlier years. Little did I know I would have them all available on-demand on services I already pay for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.