Apple Updates OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview to Build 12A206j

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 16, 2012.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today pushed out another update to its OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion developer preview program, moving to build 12A206j. The update comes on top of build 12A193i, which was released on May 1.

[​IMG]

Apple notes that "MacBookPro3,1", which corresponds to mid and late 2007 machines, is not compatible with the new build, but that issue will be rectified in a later build.

No other details on improvements in the latest build are available yet, but it certainly appears that Apple is making some of its final tweaks for developers leading up to its Worldwide Developers Conference less than four weeks away. Apple is expected to provide extensive previews of OS X Mountain Lion at the conference, with a public launch scheduled for "late summer".

The new Mountain Lion build is still a bit short of the 12A211 build spotted in a Geekbench entry for an apparently unreleased MacBook Pro earlier this week. While that entry could have been faked, the data does match closely with what is known about upcoming Ivy Bridge MacBook Pro models, and Primate Labs believes the entry to be legitimate.

Article Link: Apple Updates OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview to Build 12A206j

2. ayala421 macrumors regular

ayala421

3. ristlin Guest

So Apple didn't update OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview to Retina Display build? I'm surprised.

4. chriscrk macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

Ohhh I can't wait for this! :D

Someone please let us know if you find any new features!

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Very encouraging.

I'm in no rush, it's important that they sort it out properly.

The more updates they push out before public release, the better :)

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Why would they do that?

7. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

... Lion is Partially REtina compadible, and I'm sure they have complete builds on 10.7 & 10.8 that are fully REtina, but why would they release it publicly?

8. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

LOL @ Retina display. Thats exactly what every developer wants! They want a resolution so high that they will need an external graphics card to be able to run the display.

Is this real life? Release more info for developers and allow us to program on Windows so we don't have to buy overpriced laptops with sub-par components...

9. JPyre macrumors 6502

10. hoing macrumors member

Pfft. What a joke. Hurry up apple, you corrupt company! With all that liquid cash you would think they could pull this out early. What a joke.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx (HeHAW)

11. ristlin Guest

I was making a satirical reference to MacRumors' fascination with all things Retina Display these last few days.

12. cvaldes macrumors 68040

Why should they? There are no production Retina Displays in the field.

If there are Retina Display Macs in a lab in Cupertino or Shenzhen, they are probably running special forks of both Lion and Mountain Lion anyhow.

13. Shrink, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You're absolutely right. Obviously Apple is not spending enough money to develop ML just because they're cheap.

Apple's corruption and frugality is what is delaying the release of ML.

You're so perspicacious in pointing out that they should release it sooner. All that bull crap about about proper testing and de-bugging so we get a smooth running OS with a minimum amount of bugs and glitches is just Apple's corruption and refusal to spend any money on hiring enough developers to get ML out sooner.

Boy, I'm glad somebody finally told the truth about all this.

Thanks for your eye opening post.

:rolleyes:

14. azentropy macrumors 68020

azentropy

Hopefully they have started to optimize it. Previous builds were very slow.

15. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Why would they? :confused:

16. PlutoPrime, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012

PlutoPrime macrumors regular

Why don't you go pickup a pc, put DOS or Linux on it & hook it up to a CRT monitor and you can enjoy the power that will crackle out of the crevices of your "power-user" system to p0WN all the things with EZ.

17. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

I don't want to develop in a sub-par OS :rolleyes:

18. shurcooL, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012

shurcooL macrumors 6502a

There's no need for a "fork", it's the same Lion and Mountain Lion, just change 1 thing in a preferences file and HiDPI modes are enabled.

[​IMG]

19. Batten macrumors newbie

This wait is getting a bit ridiculous though. I can't even remember when Lion came out, but I'm pretty sure it was mid-2005. Since then Microsoft have launched two updates to Windows. So there!

20. hardwickj macrumors member

Ahh yes. Using your logic one could throw nine women at a pregnancy and give you a baby in one month. We know how well that works.

As a software developer myself, I despise fools like you. You are the middle managers of the software developer world who have no understanding of how to manage software teams. You think the only solution is to throw more money+people at problems. Then you stand confused when the software becomes more broken and delays grow even bigger.

Thankfully, people like you are not behind any of the software in our world that is actually worth a damn.

21. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I get less excited about new OS X releases lately. It used to be a feeling of "what awesome new features are we going to get?" These days it feels more like "What is Apple going to take away or dumb down?" or "Are they going to cripple OS X to make it like iOS"

Maybe I'm being paranoid or unreasonable, but it feels like ever since iOS took off, that's the company's main focus and us Mac users have been somewhat left behind.

The fact that we haven't seen a Mac Pro in so long is also depressing.

22. Spetsnazos, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012

Spetsnazos macrumors regular

What is this I don't even. When you get an engineering degree, we can discuss half the things you mentioned, until then enjoy your car that uses petrol. IC engines are used because oil is plentiful and easily restored...not because of any kind of conspiracy.

23. 3282868 macrumors 603

You're not the only one, there are many of us who feel this way and with good reason.

24. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

...and servers already getting hammered *sigh*

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ahh...The irony...

The ICDocument icon..iCloud document..

Attached Files: