Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John01021988

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
Cool! It seems that 10.5.2 will be changing major things after all. Almost all apple's software have been updated throughout this and last week.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Just gonna wait for 10.5.2 and install it as a bunch instead of restarting a few times :)

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I had to do the same for Macromedia fireworks and the other packages with fireworks (contribute, etc). Also Final Cut and Logic Pro. Basically it is updating nearly every product it seems.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Updates Quicktime to 7.4.1

Apple has posted an update to Quicktime bringing it to version 7.4.1 today. Updates are available for Leopard, Tiger, Panther, and Windows.

Apple reports the new Quicktime addresses security issues and improves compatibility with third-party applications. Specifically, the update addresses a possible vulnerability that could result in arbitrary code execution. This release is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users, and requires a restart.

Apple has released a number of small software updates over this past week.

Article Link

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
The update improves compatibility with 3rd party products, Apple says

They'd better be referring to Adobe After Effects.
7.4 borked some of our Macs at work.
There were a lot of angry video editors when it was released :(

MisterSalty

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2004
Minnesota
Every time I see a news item that says "Apple Updates..." and it's not followed by "MacBook Pro", I feel like I've been kicked in the berries. :(

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
I love QuickTime. Huge fan of it. HUUUUUUUGE FAN!
really?? i didn't know anyone was a fan of QT, let alone a huge fan. it's a strange program, really. all the really good functionalities only come with adding perian and flip4mac...and its exporting is so slow that it's practically useless in that function. and it's the source of a lot of security problems...what's so great about QT again?

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
really?? i didn't know anyone was a fan of QT, let alone a huge fan. it's a strange program, really. all the really good functionalities only come with adding perian and flip4mac...and its exporting is so slow that it's practically useless in that function. and it's the source of a lot of security problems...what's so great about QT again?

Its got a nice icon - much under appreciated

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land

Maybe QT's greatness is that it allows for such things as perian and flip4mac. This is, it provides plugin, extensible support for media playback integrated within the OS X environment.

more than can be said about Windows Media Player or whatever they're calling it these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.