Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
And why should they give iPhone 4 owners a new phone for free when they can just sell it and make money? Don't forget that it cosßsts them money to make those phones. They don't grow them on a tree in the Apple courtyard.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Not possible!

The only phones I know of that you can even upgrade like that would be Vertu phones in which they changed out people's monochrome screens to color for a fee.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I was daydreaming today and came to this conclusion, would be possible that Apple upgrade our iPhone 4 to an iPhone 4S? be this I mean that we only take our iPhone 4 to an apple store and they for a fee upgrade the A4 chip to A5? And with a little luck maybe a little more RAM. Lately I’ve been thinking that theres no need to have a new iPhone and that if Apple is going just to release a minor update, why spend more than we have to? I know nobody will force us to buy the newest phone on the market, but that would be great.
Spending 100 bucks for a upgrade like that would be great.
And remember, Apple has already send to developers an iPhone 4 with the A5 chip, so its possible.

Lol you wish

ESPN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
While your day dreaming, why can't Apple just upgrade the iPhone 3GS's screen to the same Retina Display that the iPhone 4 uses at the store for a small fee, I mean their both the same 3.5" screen right?

Or why can't they just convert my Black iPhone 4 to a White model, I mean why spend more money than I have to if all they can do is just swap the casing, simple right.

#fail

You just joined and I already want to add you to my ignore list.

Spot on, it would be a hassle for Apple and it would hurt their sales to do this.

This idea is full of fail.

#Realtalk

That's what she said...

Sorry couldn't resist.

LOL

Nice one :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.