Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
Squid is good but its not free and only connects to macs

Where as ohphone connects to netmeeting.

psxndc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2002
Re: Re: Re: For those of you whining...

Originally posted by Codemonkey
[SNIP]simply put: if people put as much effort into complaining on message boards into finding solutions, then well... you get the point.

Seriously though, I would LOVE it if Apple (I know it won't happen and I know the reasons... I'm just saying) open sourced some apps like iChat. I guarantee I personally would put some effort into improving it. And I would have no problem with a model like the BSDs where I make improvements, submit them to Apple, and Apple has the final say over whether they are incorporated or not. I know I'd do a lot less complaining and more fixing. :)

-p

psxndc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those of you whining...

Originally posted by Codemonkey
Haha. Name me one chat app on either platform that 100% of the people are satisified with.

I gotta call you on this one: Trillian Pro for Windows. Everyone I know uses it and loves it. Not Trillian Freeware which has some problems, I'm talking Trillian Pro. It's awseome and supports every protocol except Jabber, which no one I know uses (but I'm sure some do and thus they'll break your 100% constraint). I wish iChat was half as good as Trillian. But you're right: it's chat. It's not like it's iDefribulator and mission critical so some suckiness in a 1.0 release is acceptable. My gripe is just that it's been 1.0 for a while now and chatting is something people do a lot of. I feel that it warrants more attention from the developers than it appears to be getting (but for all I know iChat 2 will replace the need for telephones. Who knows?)

-p

macnews

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2003
Idaho
Any one noticed the article was removed at request of apple? I haven't had time to go through all the old posts.

MacKid

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2003
While this rumor has been around for a while. . .

I think it would be a pretty good move for Apple. It would be nice if they had a clippy-type-sorta-thingy since all recent Apple displays are pretty thin. And, it would work seamlessly of course, and it would be nice because it would probably pulsate when you have an IM or turn red when you're "Away" or some Apple-trademark-touch-thing like that. . .

Whoa, imagination, get back here, easy boy!!!

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.