Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For international customers who are thinking of purchasing Apple Vision Pro in the United States and using it in their own country, Apple has cautioned that they will be faced with several limitations when attempting to use the device.

Apple-Vision-Pro-Dual-Loop-Band-Teal-Feature.jpg

According to a FAQ on Apple's Vision Pro pre-order page on its online store, the experience will differ from a U.S.-based customer in the following ways:
  • Apple Vision Pro only supports English (U.S.) for language and typing and English for Siri and Dictation.
  • App Store requires an Apple ID with region set to the U.S.
  • Purchases on Apple Music and TV app require an Apple ID with region set to the U.S.
  • For customers with vision correction needs, ZEISS will only accept vision prescriptions written by U.S. eye care professionals, and will only ship to U.S. locations.
  • Customers may not be able to access certain apps, features, or content due to licensing or other restrictions in those countries or regions.
  • Apple Support is only available in the U.S.
Apple says that the spatial computing headset is designed for customers in the U.S. to use at home, at work, and while traveling. "We look forward to bringing Apple Vision Pro to more countries later this year," notes the company.

While orders are limited to the United States for the time being, Apple is likely to launch the Vision Pro headset outside the U.S. before WWDC 2024 in June, with Canada and the United Kingdom tipped as the first two other countries in which the headset will be available.

The Vision Pro will launch on Friday, February 2, which is when pre-orders will be delivered to U.S. customers.

Article Link: Apple Vision Pro App Store, Apple Music, and TV App Require US Apple ID

• Haha
Reactions: japanime

Gabiblueheart

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
I already bought it and my friend will bring it here from the states later in the spring, I live in Sweden.
So technically what will work and wont work??

Reactions: amartinez1660

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
oh dear because a number of people in the pre-order thread who have placed a pre-order are living in other countries and thus getting the VP shipped out to them by other means.
Why "oh dear"?

Rest assured that there are millions of people around the world who do not reside in the US, do not have a US address, do not have a US bank account or credit/debit card, but who have been successfully working "with" Apple's geographical restrictions for many years.

Your pity is ill directed. Save it for those who truly deserve it.

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
No need for VPN. I have been using an US Apple ID in Germany since the iPod Video days.

Also, Giftcards you can just buy on Amazon.com (even with your foreign Amazon account). Been buying Hulu credit this way for years
You can buy gift cards from the US Apple Store with a "foreign" credit or debit card registered with Apple Pay in your home country. No need to go to Amazon.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Ughhh.. I have an order for in store pickup (I live half an hour from the US border), and am aware of how I can use an American Apple ID, but all my purchases / subscriptions are in my Canadian Apple ID (TV+ for ex). This doesn't sound good...

• Sad
Reactions: GabrielMoro

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
I took an iPad to China for my brother-in-law who was living in Beijing. They had big impressive apple stores, but the model I brought wasn't released there yet.

You can get around most geographic limitations, but I think that Apple has to decide how it's going to comply with different regions' laws and regulations.

Apple has to allow side-loading of apps in some regions. It's the law. But I don't think you can take Apple to court for not following that law with the Vision Pro, since it's not for sale in those regions yet.

Reactions: SFjohn

Gabiblueheart

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
Ughhh.. I have an order for in store pickup (I live half an hour from the US border), and am aware of how I can use an American Apple ID, but all my purchases / subscriptions are in my Canadian Apple ID (TV+ for ex). This doesn't sound good...
Does this mean when it becomes available in Canada before June that your Vision Pro will work with your Canadian Apple ID? Or would you need to buy a new Vision Pro in Canada?

SamtheNinjago

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
This is my question too. Because if it’ll work with a foreign Apple ID eventually, it’s not a big deal. Particularly for the countries like UK/Canada/etc. that are suppose to be seeing it in a few months anyway.

SamtheNinjago

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
Does this mean when it becomes available in Canada before June that your Vision Pro will work with your Canadian Apple ID? Or would you need to buy a new Vision Pro in Canada?
This is my question too. Because if it’ll work with a foreign Apple ID eventually, it’s not a big deal. Particularly for the countries like UK/Canada/etc. that are suppose to be seeing it in a few months anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.