Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Delivery dates for orders of Apple's Vision Pro headset have already slipped to mid-March after pre-orders opened earlier today.

Vision-Pro-Pre-Orders-Feature-2.jpg

The Vision Pro launches in the United States on Friday, February 2, but those now placing an online pre-order will not receive the headset until around the middle of March for all three storage capacities. This delivery time frame is likely to get pushed back even further as more people place orders.

Apple could have some in-store stock available for in-person purchase on Friday, February 2, as well as in subsequent days and weeks as stores receive new deliveries for walk-in buyers, but supply is still highly likely to be limited. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo recently reported that only 80,000 headsets would be available for the device's launch and warned that the device could quickly sell out.

Article Link: Apple Vision Pro Delivery Dates Slip to Mid-March

crofford

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
(x)Arizona ( )Texas
My ApplePay using AppleCard transaction failed 7 times. Each time it failed it made me pick a new appointment time. When I finally changed credit cards I had been moved from Feb2 at 11:00am to February 3 at 4pm. I checked with the AppleCard people and they said there were no declined transactions. It appears maybe it was an ApplePay issue on the Apple Store side. Did anybody else see this problem?

mattaaron

macrumors member
May 23, 2013
My ApplePay using AppleCard transaction failed 7 times. Each time it failed it made me pick a new appointment time. When I finally changed credit cards I had been moved from Feb2 at 11:00am to February 3 at 4pm. I checked with the AppleCard people and they said there were no declined transactions. It appears maybe it was an ApplePay issue on the Apple Store side. Did anybody else see this problem?
Yea selecting Shipping vs Pick Up is the solution, at least from my experience and seeing what others did. Not sure why or whose to blame, but Shipping is the best option to avoid problems

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Did anybody else in California only see an option for February 8 delivery no matter what? Right as the app opened too. It’s not a big deal just wondering, I never saw any other option than that.

hoping that it’ll bump up to preparing to ship with the first batch, fingers crossed

Reactions: sfkeepay

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Buuuuuuut everyone said it was going to be a huge flop, and nobody would want it!

I think all those pessimists meant no human would buy it. Perhaps dogs & cats want to virtually go outside for a pee? ;)

As is often the case in the Appleverse, if one person doesn't want something... sees no use in something... can't grasp any use case... etc, NOBODY else could possibly see it any different than that one person. Apparently "think different" means see it only as "I" see it... aka do NOT think any different than "me" as I can't see it any other way "myself." Oh and if you try to push your own view of something and it differs from "mine," you are simply wrong, sadly mistaken or a blind brand fanboy or troll (depending on which way "I" see any given matter).

And surveys of 1 (themselves) readily translates to the classic "99% don't want..." statistic.

Hopefully all those dogs & cats with means get to enjoy frolicking in sunny meadows all over the world during this cold, dreary winter. ;)

Last edited:

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Buuuuuuut everyone said it was going to be a huge flop, and nobody would want it!
It's just the fanboys - of which I am one (1TB Vision Pro ordered immediately). The Apple cult is still quite strong so the initial sell-out I think is expected - the long lasting success of the product will take a bit longer to determine.

TBH for casual buyers, I'd really recommend waiting at least for the 2nd iteration as Apple will need time to iron out the kinks. The software ecosystem also needs time to really mature.

Early Apple adopters like me are really just guinea pigs (to be clear, I'm totally happy being one).

joejoe2000

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2023
wonder if it "sells out" or just keeps pushing dates back.
To stop taking orders would be a first for Apple, as far as I'm aware. BUT, not outside the realm of possibility, depending on what they know to be their production capacity (Until they figure out how to get more production going)

Last edited:
Reactions: 75Batt

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Hard to know if it’s actually selling to people who want it or scalpers hoping to double their money. We couldn’t get a retail priced PlayStation 5 for a year because of sh*t like this.

View attachment 2338519
What the heck??? someone pre-ordered it and immediately put it on ebay for double it's price!!!. These people are the lowest of the low

bviktor

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2019
:D these scalpers will learn a lesson or two really soon. The hard way. Absolutely no one's gonna buy these for $8k.

When the dust settles and reality kicks in, I really hope Apple will even offer discounts, so that these clowns will even make a loss with this :D

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I had the same problem...it was due to your selected time window being grabbed and processed by someone else before your transaction was completed. I started with early day windows on Feb 2 but they quickly went, ended up with 2 pm on Feb 2.

Reactions: Ted_Appleseed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.