Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

apple-watch-magnetic-cable.jpg
While the original Apple Watch has a 2-meter charging cable in the box, Apple says new Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 1 models come with a shorter 1-meter charging cable in the box.

Apple continues to sell a 2-meter Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable for $39 online and in stores, while extra 1-meter cables remain available as a standalone purchase for $29 in the United States.

Apple Watch Series 2 models also include a 5W USB Power Adapter in the box, while Series 1 models do not. The wall charger costs $19 on its own.

Both new series became available for pre-order today, with shipping estimates quickly slipping to 2-3 weeks or later for most models. Best Buy still promises launch day delivery for some models.

Article Link: Apple Watches Now Have Shorter 1M Charging Cable in Box

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I like 2 meters on my iPad Pro occasionally when I game intensively for half a day and still want full charge at the end of it. Because I USE that device when plugged in.

For everything else, including travel, 2 meters is cumbersome. I approve of this change.

If you need more length, options remain.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
2M cables are great for allowing you to put the Watch on a Nightstand and have plugged in. 1M cables though while EU compliant and a nightmare.

Reactions: mkeeley and gregd33

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
WHAT?!?! Once again apple controlling the market!! Telling us how far from a plug we can be when charging our watches!! Boycott!! We won't take this anymore!! I demand to be at least 1.5 meters from a plug!

Reactions: 5105973

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
"The courage to move on and do something new that betters all of us."
AMEN TO THAT!!! I will forever trust Tim and his team, that they will make products that I will surely love for the rest of my life!:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.