Apple Watch 4 - Missing complications in either Infograph or Modular watch face?? [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iAdamator, Sep 19, 2018.

1. CarolSM macrumors newbie

Thank you Adam!

2. adamgbiggs macrumors 6502

adamgbiggs

You’re welcome CarolSM.

Adam.

3. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

It is so nice to see ‘thank you’ and ‘you’re welcome’. My compliments.

4. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

is there a way to turn on weekly weather screen on the inforgram modular like how they had it on the normal modular version?

5. azBoB macrumors newbie

azBoB

Unread emails do show up as a number on the iPhone screen.

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Pocket cast has been updated for complications.

7. ColSteve macrumors newbie

ColSteve

Kindle Watch Reader, would be a very useful Apple Watch App.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018 ---
    Kindle Watch Reader, would be a very useful Apple Watch App.

8. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

ugh, well this explains it. my girlfriend got me a new watch for Christmas. the infograph modular is PERFECT except for the fact i cant put the podcasts app on there.

9. RMSko, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018

RMSko macrumors 6502

It’s been disappointing that many apps still won’t work with infograph modular, including some of Apple’s own apps. What’s particularly confusing is how some (e.g., stocks) have been added to the infograph watch face, but not the infograph modular. I really expected it to be worked out by now and it’s a shame that I’m not able to use that watch face since for me it would be the perfect watch face.

Edit: I just noticed that stocks works in infograph modular, but only in “Middle”, but the problem is that’s the only place where the Calendar complication works, which means you wouldn’t be able to use both the Stocks and Calendar complications, which is a nonstarter for me.

10. user1234 macrumors 6502a

user1234

I find the infograph modular to be a bit odd. It has 5 complications compared to the 8 of the regular infograph, and one is huge and takes up a lot of space. And no seconds on the digital time! The only digital watch face with seconds is the activity digital which wastes a lot of space with the huge activity rings.

I'm missing a really good digital watchface for the Apple watch with seconds and plenty of complication slots where all complications work. And why isn't notes available on the watch? I feel like Apple has some work to do until the watch reaches the point where it's as consistent as it should be

11. tasandkrs macrumors member

You can put the digital time with seconds on the infograph face on the sub dial top slot.

12. user1234 macrumors 6502a

user1234

I know, but it's not a digital watchface. When I'm in a digital mood I don't want the analog hands that may cover the digital time. It's great that it's an option, but it's not a substitute for a true digital watchface.

13. bag99001 macrumors member

I completely agree and find it very odd that you can get a digital time with seconds on the analog version of infograph but not the digital version.

14. Mos Jeff macrumors member

I completely agree with this. There are other short comings that I don't quite understand, such as why I'm able to have the calendar as a complication for modular, but not infograph modular, or why I can have the sunrise/sunset complication for infograph, but not infograph modular. I hate that I have to choose a specific watch face based on which complications it allows.

15. user1234 macrumors 6502a

user1234

I can't understand how a company with as much money and resources that take pride in ease of use and consistency can't spend the time to update their own complications for the new watch faces. I they can't, how do they expect thirty party developers to do it?

16. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I just got my S4 for Christmas and I’m dumfounded at the stock Apple Radio and podcasts not showing on the new faces. I did some research that led me to this thread and I’m actually mortified that Apple, a company that thrives on their quest for meticulousness and attention to detail would have such a disparity between what stock app complications work and don’t on their new and highly anticipated faces.

I’m also mortified at the rollout of all this. It’s nuts.

17. adamgbiggs macrumors 6502

adamgbiggs

Maybe Apple will add them in an update like they did with the Messages & Phone complication... here’s hoping.

Adam.

18. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I’ve just decided to use pocket casts from now on which has a watch face for it.

19. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Halfway through January now, still waiting for podcasts complication. << sigh >>