Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Casio, G-shock, then pebble, finally Apple Watch. I look at them and swapping out the steps definitely involves more effort than simply sliding them out like the Apple Watch.

Most watches you just take a watch pen to jolt the pin out. Arguably NATO straps are easier and faster to swap than your Apple Watch strap. Sounds like you’ve only dabbled in digital watches tho so there isn’t much to be said further.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Most watches you just take a watch pen to jolt the pin out. Arguably NATO straps are easier and faster to swap than your Apple Watch strap. Sounds like you’ve only dabbled in digital watches tho so there isn’t much to be said further.

So you still need a pen to stick the pin out. How is this faster and easier than simply pressing a catch and sliding the strap out without the need for any additional tools?

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Why? You want a mac pro made from the same people who makes watch band? Like do you really think this is the reason of the mac delay?
I don’t understand users logic sometimes

It's about Apple's priorities these days - watch bands, emojis, etc. while computing hardware appears to be neglected.

Reactions: freedomlinux

Hezzaa

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2010
42mm Space Black Link Bracelet seems to be unavailable too in some countries. I really hope they don't discontinue it as I've yet to buy mine after thinking about it for years.

PJivan

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2015
It's about Apple's priorities these days - watch bands, emojis, etc. while computing hardware appears to be neglected.

Again do you think that the richest company on earth needs to postpone a mac for watch bands? Do you really think they don't have the capability to perform both tasks at the same time? What kind of resources has been taken away from the mac pro to be assigned to new seasonal watch bands?
The reason we don't have a mac pro yet has NOTHING to do with watch bands or emoji, it started as a joke, now it's becoming a silly mantra that makes people look dumb and stupid.

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007

I don't think their hardware engineers are doing the watch bands.. :rolleyes:
Its pretty normal that things you wear get new collections when season changes.

Reactions: Knoxifier

PJivan

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2015
Do you actually think Apple makes them, or just goes to a 3rd party manufacturer, and jacks up the price. I'll let you work it out.

They impose some quality standard, with third parties you may or may not get a nice one. I don’t care about few dollars, and rather take the expensive one but not everyone it’s me, or you.

freedomlinux

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
CT, USA
Do you really think they don't have the capability to perform both tasks at the same time?

This is something I truly do not understand. Surely no one can fault Apple for supporting and improving the highly-popular iPhone/iPad lines. But, there are so many employees now and it seems like they are still not able to deliver on multiple product lines regularly.

It gives the impression that resources are being diverted from other efforts, even if it is not accurate.

Reactions: WatchFromAfar

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Again do you think that the richest company on earth needs to postpone a mac for watch bands? Do you really think they don't have the capability to perform both tasks at the same time?

Apparently they don't, as they are doing one and not the other.

The reason we don't have a mac pro yet has NOTHING to do with watch bands or emoji, it started as a joke, now it's becoming a silly mantra that makes people look dumb and stupid.

...and makes other people rude. The comments about the mac pro are about Apple's priorities. Sorry if you don't understand.
[doublepost=1552012581][/doublepost]
I don't think their hardware engineers are doing the watch bands.. :rolleyes:

Oh, thanks for that clarification. Again, it's about priorities.
[doublepost=1552012631][/doublepost]
I am more likely to buy a watch band than a Mac Pro.

Just saying...

A lot of people are waiting years for a Mac Pro. Just saying...

JTBing

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
How in the blazes do you whiners manage to turn even a thread about watch bands into a soapbox about Mac issues? Just keep the crap to yourself...or at least to the Mac section of the forum.

Reactions: Knoxifier

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007

...and makes other people rude. The comments about the mac pro are about Apple's priorities. Sorry if you don't understand.

What I mean is, the priorities are not that watch bands are above Mac Pro or whatever hardware item people are complaining about. When one department is pushing out new watch bands, it will not affect the Mac engineering team. Nor does it affect my software team and deadlines, when our product group at work, launch something in a completely other category. Would be crazy to think otherwise.

And like another person said here, to redesign a new Mac Pro, is a whole other thing, than having a small team pushing out new colored watch bands.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlJ

PJivan

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2015

Are you implying that stop watchband cash flow is beneficial somehow to the macpro? If yes I gave you my thought on it, If not than all these comments are out of topic and should be avoided, there may be someone interested in watch bands and he doesn't necessarily has to read unrelated mac pro complains.

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Unfortunately, it takes longer for engineers to re-architect the Mac Pro than it does for designers to decide on new watch band colors. :(

Hopefully the Mac Pro designers are not getting hung up on what colors to offer. ;)

And come on, we're talking about a gazillion dollar company and they are taking years to update a computer. That does say something about commitment, no?

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
And come on, we're talking about a gazillion dollar company and they are taking years to update a computer. That does say something about commitment, no?
But once the line of reasoning is disconnected from, "watch bands are negatively effecting Mac Pros", and becomes, "it sucks that the Mac Pro isn't getting more focus", then it has nothing to do with new Watch bands - it's just general grousing about unrelated Apple hardware - and doesn't belong in a thread that is specifically about Watch bands.

Apple is (or appears to be) doing a poor job of getting the Mac hardware that users really want, out the door in a timely manner. I totally agree with that. But the merits of that should be debated in the comment threads of stories associated with Mac hardware, not in stories about Apple Watch bands. It gets incredibly tiring having every story taken over with bitter complaints about delays in releasing new Mac hardware. And I'm pretty certain that Apple doesn't actually use "volume and bitterness of complaints on MacRumors" as a metric in deciding the future course of the company.

Reactions: Abazigal and JTBing

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
But once the line of reasoning is disconnected from, "watch bands are negatively effecting Mac Pros", and becomes, "it sucks that the Mac Pro isn't getting more focus", then it has nothing to do with new Watch bands - it's just general grousing about unrelated Apple hardware - and doesn't belong in a thread that is specifically about Watch bands.

No thread is specifically about any one topic. They often branch off to other things on people's minds. You can stop following the thread if it's not of interest to you.
[doublepost=1552095973][/doublepost]
Absolutely. It says they’re committed to getting it right this time. The TechCrunch article has quite a bit of info.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/05/apples-2019-imac-pro-will-be-shaped-by-workflows/

I'm not really impressed. By now Apple should be well aware of what the pro community needs and wants.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
<snip>

I'm not really impressed. By now Apple should be well aware of what the pro community needs and wants.
That’s fine, but as they said, their really isn’t just one “pro community”. There are many. They’re obviously going to try to satisfy as many (sometimes competing/conflicting) requirements, because they want to sell machines—that’s the business they’re in.

I have no doubt they want to grow Mac revenue beyond the current $25 billion/year; that can only happen if they provide customers with product they’re willing to buy. It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.