Apple Watch deals for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bopat23, Dec 8, 2015.

1. bopat23 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here knew of upcoming deals on the AW Sport for Xmas? I missed out on all the Black Friday specials, and was hoping to get one for my significant other in time for Xmas. Anyone know of deals floating around the web that require special coupons or promo codes?

Thanks!

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Target Online seems to still be offering a $100 gift card as of this morning so that effectively brings the 38mm down to the $250 range.

3. bopat23 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh wow cool, that helps!

With the Target card though, you still need to pay the full price upfront right? And then use the card towards something else? Or am I missing something?

4. livspop macrumors regular

Best Buy just announced $100 off all models in stock starting tomorrow through Christmas. Not a gift card - $100 off the top. Sport models too. You aren't gonna beat that deal...

5. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Where did you see the announcement?

Also, will they give those of us who bought one for $50 off during Pre-Black Friday another $50 off or will I have to buy a new one and return the one I have now?

TxWatch

6. KAMB macrumors 6502

I'd say you'll have to return and repurchase.

7. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

8. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

yeah that Best Buy deal is real nice.. you can get a 38mm sport for only $249.

9. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

now with the update rumor of the Watch 2 coming out in March, I am in the fence of returning my Space Black Stainless Steel i purchased at Best Buy over Black Friday and get a Space Grey Sport now that the Sport models are $100 off instead of $50 off.. the black stainless steel is beautiful but now i can save $200.. decisions decisions

10. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

Call Best Buy. I bought one on the 24th...with that same deal. Best Buy's price match guarantee will cover you. I talked to a very nice lady who credited me the $50+tax, no questions asked.

I think the kicker will be those of you who purchased the watch on Nov 26th through Nov 30th....the phone recording says they don't price match Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.

11. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

Anyone know Target's policy on returns where gift cards were given out? I mean, if I buy at Best Buy and return those I purchased at Target, will I have to pay the gift cards back? I imagine that would be the case.

12. cheezeit macrumors 6502

The new price drops is definitely tempting! I really want a stainless black, but as another member mentioned, I can save $200.... And use that towards the next one if it comes out

13. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Yes, you would have to pay for the GC, or I think you can return unused GC's as well if it number matches the one on the receipt.

14. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Not sure how the price matching will work on the Black Friday deals. I bought an open box Sport before the Black Friday sale for $75 off and I bought a new Sport for my Wife on Thanksgiving Day for $50 off. They are both listed for $50 less on their web site today and I have until the middle of January to return them for a full refund.

I would prefer they just give me a $50 credit on each, rather than return them and have to turn around and re-buy them at the lower price. They will have two "returned" ones to sell, so they should be willing to do it with a credit.

Plus, I heard when you add a second Watch to your phone, the old one still shows up unless you completely erase and reload the phone from backup. That is not something I want to do...

I will wait until the store opens by my house and see what they say.

TxWatch

15. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

Yeah, your dilemma makes sense to me. I'm the same way. It could also be that BB matches their prices, regardless, but won't match Amazon or Target or whoever during Black Friday events... I think you're good to go...wouldn't worry about it.

16. tivoboy macrumors 68030

Bestbuy 100$ off is probably going to be the benchmark and the limit to what either a retailer can offer or apple allows for a discount through a 3rd party. We won't see a price cut from apple probably till Q2 next year earliest

17. RichardF macrumors 6502a

RichardF

They will refund you the price of the item minus the value of the gift card. Or you can return both and get a full refund.

18. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Note to customers. As someone whose been in retail a very long time, deals are much much better in December than Black Friday for anything tech related.

19. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

The deals are also much better when everyone knows the new one is getting ready to come out. Pretty much why carmakers can give away 2015 models right now.

20. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I called Best Buy when they opened and talked to a sales rep in the store. At first he was also not sure if they would give me the $50 credit for the one I bought on Thanksgiving Day for the same reason mentioned above. After I explained that I had until the middle of January to return both watches and I preferred to keep them rather than go through the setup process again, he agreed they would give me the credits.

Unfortunately, he said I would have to come in with my receipts to do it at their service desk, rather than over the phone using my Best Buy account information. Other the the inconvenience of having to drive to the closest store, they are willing to work with those of us who bought the Sport models at only $50 off. This great policy will save them from having even more open box Watches they have to sell for another $25 off.

If it all works out tonight, I will get the 38mm Gold Sport for $244 and the open box 42mm Space Gray Sport for $273, when you include the $1 for every $50 they give you with their loyalty program.

Not a bad deal on a pair of Watches that my wife and I really like. :cool:

TxWatch

21. zamboni52 macrumors regular

I ordered from BestBuy.com on Thursday for $299 and $249 and charged it on my 0% interest Best Buy card. I bought a SG Sport 42 and and a Silver Sport 38. I called the price match number on the Best Buy site and they are crediting me $50 x 2 directly to my BB card. Worst case you could have brought the products into the store and do a return and re-buy at the lower price. Credit should show up in a few days, so we'll see...

22. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Ok, I think you are confusing me here. Are you saying you bought them on Thursday (Thankksgiving Day) for only $299 and $249? And then, you called the price match number today (Wednesday) and got another $50 credit? If so, you got a super deal, because the Sport Watches were only $50 off on Thanksgiving which would have made them $299 for the 38mm and $349 for the 42mm.

Please clarify!

TxWatch

23. zamboni52 macrumors regular

Oops, you're exactly right. With the extra discounts today, I ended up paying $249 and $299 with the price match I was able to do over the phone. I actually needed up buying aanother 38 Gold Sport with Antique White band for my daughter's Christmas present. Still expensive, but more palatable. I think if this was the starting price, Apple would've sold even more.

24. nicho macrumors 68000

they'd rather sell slightly fewer on much higher margins

25. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I think the BEST deals on the AW will come after Christmas when Apple starts clearing it stock for the new Apple Watch II.