Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
Good news! Has that literally just changed over now?

I checked it at about 10:30 and it had changed. They charged my card this morning. I would imagine I'm on track for Friday Delivery. I managed to order it before the website went live using the app on my phone.

cromagnontech

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I checked it at about 10:30 and it had changed. They charged my card this morning. I would imagine I'm on track for Friday Delivery. I managed to order it before the website went live using the app on my phone.

I've ordered exactly the same model as you, again on the iPhone app, with confirmation email at 8:02am ... but am still at "processing items" ...

... am hoping that some of the differences are due to geographical factors / logistics / location of distribution centres ...

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I think one of my orders (a 38mm aluminium model with blue sport band, for my fiancée) may be progressing - it looks like my credit card's been charged, at least… :)

On the other hand (pun unintended :D) my Apple Watch (42mm with stainless steel case and black sport band) hasn't been charged yet, as far as I can tell. :rolleyes:

I received an order confirmation email for the Sport on April 10 at 08:59 and for the Watch on at 08:03.

ricartedor

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
No change in status yet for my SS watch w/ black sport band! Can't wait for it to arrive, so fingers crossed it changes soon!

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
For those worrying about their order status not yet changing to 'preparing for shipping' (as I have been): I sent a message to Barclaycard to confirm what the pending charges were that weren't yet listed, and they confirmed it was £519 from the Apple Online Store (the price of my SS w/sport band watch). I've checked online, and Apple only process these pending charges when they're preparing an item for despatch, and they then fully charge the card as soon as the item has left them.

Bottom line: if you have a pending charge for your watch - regardless of your current order status - I'm sure you'll get it on Friday. There's plenty of time for the order status to update to preparing and then shipped between now and then, it could even happen as late as Thursday since all UK orders will be shipped next-day anyway.

It's put my mind at rest anyway...now here's to getting to Friday, what a long couple of weeks this has been!!

forgot-username

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
For those worrying about their order status not yet changing to 'preparing for shipping' (as I have been): I sent a message to Barclaycard to confirm what the pending charges were that weren't yet listed, and they confirmed it was £519 from the Apple Online Store (the price of my SS w/sport band watch). I've checked online, and Apple only process these pending charges when they're preparing an item for despatch, and they then fully charge the card as soon as the item has left them.

Bottom line: if you have a pending charge for your watch - regardless of your current order status - I'm sure you'll get it on Friday. There's plenty of time for the order status to update to preparing and then shipped between now and then, it could even happen as late as Thursday since all UK orders will be shipped next-day anyway.

It's put my mind at rest anyway...now here's to getting to Friday, what a long couple of weeks this has been!!

Yeah I hope you're right. Why are all UK orders next day? Where did you see that? I'm sure I've tracked previous Apple products as taking more than a day from "shipped" to "in my golum hands"!

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Yeah I hope you're right. Why are all UK orders next day? Where did you see that? I'm sure I've tracked previous Apple products as taking more than a day from "shipped" to "in my golum hands"!

They usually are for product launches like this. Plus unlike your MacBooks etc they aren't coming direct from China but from a distribution centre in the UK.

----------

My :apple: Watch Sport - Space Grey 42mm changed to preparing for dispatch this morning. Ordered at 8.01AM.

seb101

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014
Mine literally just changed from Processing to Preparing for Dispatch :eek::D

Attachments

• Capture101.PNG
    Capture101.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 152

GoldenOak

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
Somerset
Another one which just changed to "Preparing for dispatch".
I had ordered a 42mm Sport with white band with order acknowledged at 8:03am.

bugfaceuk

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2005
Same here. Seen barclaycard available balance drop but no change to order status. Confirmation mail was sent at 8:04GMT BST.

Now both are in "preparing for dispatch" I have Sports 42 Blue band and Sports 38 White band (developer, need to test on all!)

forgot-username

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
8:09 confirmation blue 38 sport
Just changed to preparing to dispatch :D

Now to decide which band to order from casetify

The Bogeyman

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Under your stairs
Mine just changed too!

Preparing for despatch!

SS with classic buckle.

My excitement just went through the roof. I think I need to get out more #######⌚️⌚️⌚️⌚️

Megadust

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
Just changed to Preparing for Dispatch. Confirmation email 8:02 38mm SS white.

Have also have a 42mm SS White with confirmation email 8:12 still Processing Order.

Hopefully I should get one on launch day now!

topcatmg1

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
Lichfield, Staffordshire. UK
Woohooooo! Another UK update
42MM Space Grey Sport with Black Strap - Preparing for dispatch
38mm Silver Sport with Blue Strap - Preparing for dispatch

Confirmation emails at 8.02 and 8.03 respectively on the 10th April.

ahstudio

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
I ordered using the Apple Store App directly at 8:01 before the Apple Store Website went live. Got confirmation email at 8:03am (UK), Ordered Stainless Steel with Black Sport Band.

Currently have no payment taken and still displays as processing. Grrrr.

Has anyone who ordered Stainless Steel with Black Sport Band had payment taken yet?

addybgrilla

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Just updating here to help others, my 42mm sport aluminium with white band went from processing to preparing for dispatch this morning, I ordered at about 8:03 UK time on pre order day, and got the email at 8:04.

My wife however got her order in before mine by about a minute and ordered the smaller sport aluminium with pink band and hasn't been charged or had a status change on her order. I notice that no one with a pink band seems to have commented to say they have had any money taken or an update, so I wonder if this was a popular mode that sold out really fast or whether Apple are releasing the orders in colour order or something odd like that?

hugogogo2003

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2015
same

I ordered using the Apple Store App directly at 8:01 before the Apple Store Website went live. Got confirmation email at 8:03am (UK), Ordered Stainless Steel with Black Sport Band.

Has anyone who ordered Stainless Steel with Black Sport Band had payment taken yet?

same order (38mm), no change, still processing, bank account hasn't changed, i'm so impatient. and going on a trip on sunday so won't get it before i get back :(

btw received email at 8:03, i ordered immediately when avail

Truly55

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2008

Same watch, same time confirmed, same position as you. :(

czaku

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
For me it is still processing items.

Space Gray Aluminium 42mm here based in Central London.

Confirmation from 8:03am so it is a bit annoying mine is not moving forward..

Especially that I am a developer and we are releasing an update with a Watch Extension to the app and I really need it for testing :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.