Apple Watch Disappointing.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by NachoGrande, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

So I got a free Apple Watch 42mm Sport at work. I can't believe how "unapple" this watch is. I've admittedly been anti Apple watch, but this confirms it. Clunky, flimsy and other than a step counter it's pointless...

I'll keep it as a novelty, but if I would have paid $400 for it I would be pretty bent.

2. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

The watch isn't for everyone. But as you'll read here, a majority of us are pretty happy with the watch. :)

3. Bazooka-joe, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015

Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

A new threat rather then join several threads already talking about this.
    So you don't like it. It's not to everyone's taste. In what way do you mean un-Apple like in comparison to Apple TV, MacBooks, iPhones, iPads Apple ear buds, Apple charger cables etc
    Maybe as a novelty, you could show it off at parties and have women swoon over your novelty!!!
    Jeez there are some moaners around.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is not for everyone, certainly not you. Give it to someone who appreciates it for what it is.

5. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I think the developers haven't quite figured out how to best use it yet. I think os2 will be a step in the right direction. Until then, it's still a neat gadget.

6. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

Originally I bought the SS $700 version and my thoughts were pretty much the same as yours. Six hours later I sold the watch for a $300 profit. I now have the $400 watch that ended costing me only $100.

The watch is definitely worth $100.

7. nperei macrumors member

Give yourself a few days or week get knowing your apple watch. if you are activity person you will find it useful.

8. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

I'll take it off your hand so you don't feel disappointed anymore.

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

well the weather glance is certainly useless i agree. by the time it loads the sun may have already set :p

at the end of the day i use it as a watch mostly

10. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

I'm puzzled. How can you be disappointed when something turns out to be exactly what you expected?

11. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

I am very satisfied with my Apple Watch. There's room for significant improvement with the third-party apps but otherwise I really like my watch a great deal.

12. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Where to begin.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think it's kind of like, I have a friend who is always late. When I'm meeting him somewhere, I expect him to be late. Yet, I feel disappointed when he doesn't show up on time, even though that was exactly what I was expecting.

14. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

Perhaps so, but then the issue is with your unrealistic expectations, not your friend, who's behaviour is consistent.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You can say you have no point for it, but even watch people say it's incredibly well built. What exactly is "flimsy" to you?

16. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

Here's what I think. This was all about sharing how he got a free Apple Watch. Otherwise, he could have just posted to the eight million other whiny threads.

Wow, you are so cool with your free watch! :rolleyes:

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, I don't have unrealistic expectations, I expect him to be late. But the result is still disappointing. I mean, disappointment is an emotion. You can feel disappointed by a result even if that is what you are expecting.

And conversely, if my friend does show up on time, I'm happy. I wouldn't say I was disappointed that he showed up on my time, even though that was not what I was expecting.

In other words, being disappointed isn't really a function of what you are expecting. It's a function of whether the end result was positive or negative for you.

18. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I really struggle with the point of posts like this.

19. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

His argument?

20. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

I'll take your word for it - that's not a function I suffer in the same way at all.

21. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, this is fascinating.

You've never had a thing where you knew it will turn out one way, even though you wanted it to turn out the other way?

22. deathtotoasters macrumors 6502

Exactly why it means nothing to you, you have nothing invested in it.

You were 'given' it, you didn't 'choose' it.

Like a forced arranged marriage...usually never works out.

23. srshaw macrumors 6502

I actually quite like mine, even though I have no use for it really. I don't need to keep up to date on emails or messages and don't need to make calls whilst at work, it does look good though. (Lets have in built GPS though next time.)

24. NachoGrande thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly the opposite. In words that you would probably use. What you jelly. Or some other kid lingo.

Why would it make any diffence. Why would anyone care if I got it free or not!?!? The reason I posted seperate was becuase I never wanted an apple watch. But since I was given one I wanted to like it. However it's terrible and if I had bought it I would have been disappointed. I'm glad you like keeping track of you steps and stuff cool. I don't need to track my steps.

And I'm a watch person and this is not quality.

25. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

Then please shut it and give it away. Because this is a pointless thread. Completely pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.