Apple Watch Featured in Hong Kong Fashion Magazine 'East Touch'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 2, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple Watch continues to make its international debut in magazines worldwide with a new cover appearance and multi-page spread in Hong Kong street fashion and lifestyle magazine East Touch this month. The latest March issue of the Chinese-language magazine features the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport being worn by several models in various lifestyle shots.

In the past few months, the Apple Watch has made magazine debuts in a range of other publications such as on the cover of Self magazine, Vogue in the United States, Paris, and China, and London-based fashion magazine Style, as part of a marketing campaign leading up to the wrist-worn device's launch in April.

To further market the Apple Watch in the fashion industry, Apple is planning to open dedicated pop-up shops at Selfridges in London, Galeries Lafayette in Paris and other high-end department stores across Europe. The stores will provide customers with a personalized shopping experience, potentially including One to One service for visitors to learn more about all of the different editions, sizes and bands available.

[​IMG]
    Apple is expected to provide more details about the Apple Watch at its highly-anticipated "Spring Forward" media event on March 9th at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. We will be providing live coverage of the event, which should provide more specific pricing and release date information about Apple's first wearable device.

Article Link: Apple Watch Featured in Hong Kong Fashion Magazine 'East Touch'

2. Schranke macrumors 6502a

Schranke

3. BCWorld macrumors 6502

BCWorld

I have to give credit to apple for putting so much marketing into the apple watch. I really don't see the point of it but I want one more every day. Wow. I'm still not interested, but I'm looking forward to the apple event next week. :rolleyes::apple:

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Have there been any rumors on how many countries will get the Watch on launch?

5. newdeal macrumors 68020

It will be interesting to see how the digital crown will work if they make the watch thinner. Seems like it will get awkward if it gets too close to your skin and if it gets too small. I think the digital crown may be an issue in future generations

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh man, I guess I'm either too nerdy, and fashion blind or I just don't get it but man I don't see anything that could be construed as fashion with what they're wearing.

7. rei101 macrumors 6502a

The design of the watch is hideous at best. Does not look good at all, that is why Apple is investing so much in campaigns... to convence you.

It looks like a 60's 70's old lady stuff. An ugly retro.

8. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

I can't be on the only one to think the picture with the magnifying glass is distinctly odd.

9. McFreggle macrumors 6502a

McFreggle

As they are preparing in-store shops in France and UK, it seems like it won't be a US-only launch.

Hoping Belgium will be included in the first wave, but no worries if not - Paris is only 2 hours away for me...

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I actually like the design, its a very elegant and classy look. I do question the overall utility of the watch, but I can sit back and wait to see how things pan out.

11. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Several models have worn an :apple:Watch now (at least 4)... Why hasn't a single one been asked any questions about it?

I realize they probably have NDAs, but I figure you could still get some interesting info out of them. Maybe anonymize the source. Something like "Apple has five security personal around us the whole time." Or "The watch wasn't functional. It was just a dummy unit."

12. fallenjt macrumors 6502a

Let Apple worry about the design; you only worry about your pocket.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

NDA and probably, that its just a piece of jewelry for them, nothing more.

14. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Somehow THIS was fashion:

[​IMG]

15. friedmud macrumors 65816

It's definitely posed... like all of the shots here.

I can say that the photography is good here and I like the matching of the watches and the scenes. Good to see some different options for the bands in a more realistic scenario.

The hats I could leave, but the rest of it is good. Some of this shoot is going to be reflective of the local fashion there so it will feel a bit foreign to those of us that don't live there. Always keep in mind that fashion trends are not universal...

16. fallenjt macrumors 6502a

I think it's elegant and good looking. So far none of smartwatch is even considered nice enough to wear.

17. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

IDK, all the pictures are extremely odd.

Captioned top to bottom and left to right:
    Was staring at the camera with head propped on both arms when one slipped just before taking the picture. Used it anyways.

Itchy ear.

Trying to figure out how a tiny person trapped in the maze that is his fingerprint would get out.

Collapsed after a run. Also bored so yawning.

18. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Certainly. It's just a such a strange activity to be wearing so many layers.

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Not yet but Hong Kong is probably on that list as it's the Swiss watch industry's biggest market.

20. CEmajr macrumors 601

Apple is really advertising the heck out of this thing. I don't think they've ever marketed a product this heavily before. It's going to make people want one just because even without knowing exactly what it can do.

21. CptnJustc macrumors 6502

I want to go in to work sometime wearing that guy's suit. I feel like I'd either get a promotion or get fired.

22. Tylerpallard macrumors newbie

Top left picture is the Edition, if I'm not mistaken. Same as the watch on the cover I think.

23. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Whatever restrictions or approvals Apple required of East Touch clearly wasn't enough. All are bizarre, but the one with the guy yawning HAS to have Schiller and Ahrendts spinning. You never want to have the subject using your product yawning unless it's an ad for a PM cold medicine or sleep aid. Just awful. Quite the opposite of the Self Magazine cover.

24. BruceEBonus macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Oooer! It's a clunky, chunky old thing isn't it?

Thank god it's got the Apple logo. Otherwise it'd be called 'Cook's Folly'.

And end up on eBay in a year - sold in pairs - and used as 'designer wrist weights' for gym workouts.

Which if course it never will. And instead be the greatest 'innovation' Apple has thought of since the sad passing of Steve himself.

Order me one ... No. Make that two.

One for each wrist ;)

25. Waxhead138, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015

Waxhead138 macrumors 6502

Am I the only one that thinks the bottom right photo is of a yawning jogger? Inspiring ;)

"The:apple:Watch. Already Tired of It." Not great marketing. /s

----------

Only you can Stop Forest Fires. And sing songs about being Happy. This message brought to you by Pharrell Williams. And his hat.